Saturday, May 14, 2005

Saturday afternoon

Well, it's been a great day here in Western WA.  The temp has hovered right around 70* with the humidty about 100% (not really).  I spent most of the day working in the yard.  I had an old wooden planter that someone had built next to the house years ago.  It was all rotted out and had to go.  So...it's gone!!Replaced by 3 square plastic type planters from Home Depot. But it was a lot of work for an old woman and I've been dreading it.  I'm just glad it's over.  I also got the bedding plants planted in the new planters so they will be beautiful in a few weeks.  I have 5 hanging baskets planted and other pots planted, so now I can sit back and enjoy the fruits of my labor.  I love this time of year..and always buy way too many bedding plants.  I still have some left so will take them over to my daughter's and plant them in her pots.  She had a stroke three years ago, so is not able to get out and do that kind of stuff anymore.   Today was the American Cancer Society Relay for Life in our town.  Although I didn't walk in it this time, I had the TV on all day to the local channel that televises it and came in & watched the event from time to time through out the day.  I hope you had a relaxing, fruitful day.  By the way, I did call an old friend this morning, one that I hadn't talked to for about 6 months.  It was good to "catch up."  Take care.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Julie said we should come visit you and I am glad I did, as it is very nice here...
Have a wonderful weekend!!!
Linda

Anonymous said...

HIYA I visit Jools journal. Well now your a green thumb person. I kill every plant I have just about. They look pretty while they last htough.

Anonymous said...

Very nice journal, will come back often to visit!  Joyce

http://journals.aol.com/springangel235/TreasureChestFullofLife/