This is a survey from singing Barbara in Texas
1. When you were a child what was your favorite television show? Well, first of all...I'm older than dirt. Television was barely invented when I was a kid. We didn't even get one until I was in the 8th grade (1956). But my aunt and uncle had one and when he was away working on the railroad, frequently I would stay with her on the weekend and I can remember watch "Schlitz Playhouse of Stars" (in lovely black & white of course)on Friday night.
2. How many brothers and or sisters do you have? I'm sorry to say I have no real sisters but I am blessed with many sisters in the Lord. I do have one brother, Steve, who is 8 years younger than me. He's such a nice guy...I tell people "I'd like him even if he weren't my little brother."
3. Did you get along well or fight alot with them? When Steve was little, I thought he was a little creep. At least a horrible nusiance. But I think God gives younger siblings for the sole purpose of annoying their older siblings. I saw it later in my own children, who are 9 1/2 years apart.
4. Did your family sit at the table to eat meals? We always sat at the table to eat. But not anymore...unless I have company.
5. Did you say grace (pray before you ate)? Yes we always prayed before each meal.
6. Do you still say grace? Sometimes I forget, but most of the time I do.
7. What is one thing you do to insure that you have a Happy New Year? Stay home where it's safe.
. 8. How do you bring in the new year? Sleep
9. Are you working New Years Eve? No, I haven't had to work New Years eve for many years. Not since my telephone company days right out of high school
10. Do you shoot off fireworks? Nope, never have.
11. What do you want to achieve this year? I have to get serious about exercising more and loosing weight. I don't want to be a "fat old" person.
12. What motto will you live by in 2007?
Hmmmm....I don't have one yet. I'll have to think about that.
13. Who will be the first person you kiss in 2007? Probably my kitty, Gabi
14. Who do you wish that could be? Mr Wonderful, the man of my dreams.
15. What is your favorite boy name? James Franklin (that's my boy)
16. What is your favorite girl name? Julie Michelle (that's my girl)
17. What is the wierdest name you have given to an animal? Snowball...she was a totally black cat. The kids named her.
18. If you had to choose...what is your favorite bug? the only good bug is a dead bug.
19. Do mice ever get in your stove? Gosh, I hope not.
20. Do you ever look in the mirror and say EW!!!? Everyday
21. Do you ever play the lottery? once in awhile I buy a $1 lottery ticket.
22. What is the biggest amount you have won? $3.00...that's why I only buy them once in awhile. LOL
23. Using your initials...describe yourself
Oh...let's see; L L S (I can't think of anything.)
24. When you were little how many children did you want to have when you grew up? I always wanted 6 kids.
25.. Did you ever think about who you would marry? No, I don't remember thinking about that, even as a teenager.
26. Did you have a crush on any famous person as a kid? Not that I can remember.
27. Who was it? Again, I don't remember having a crush on anyone famous.
28.What song reminds you of your first love? I don't remember any particular song either.
29. Did you ever "get married" to one of your childhood friends? No..I think when I was growing up out in the country, we were too busy just playing and helping out at home to be thinking about boys. And times were different back in the 1950's when I was coming of age.
30. Who was the preacher? see question #29
31. Did you plan out your wedding as a youngster? again, not that I can remember.
32. Was your real wedding like the one you dreamed about? No because I don't remember thinking about weddings as a young girl.
33. How many bridesmaids did you have? just one
34. What kind of flowers did you have?
It was so long ago...I can't remember that either. That's horrible. I'll have to get out the pictures....
35. Are you shy or outgoing? shy and outgoing...depends on the situation. I can stand in front of 100 people & speak & it doesn't bother me.... but it's hard for me to walk up to someone I don't know and say "Hi, I'm Linda." I'd never make a good greeter at church or somewhere like that.
36. What color are your nails right now?
I don't wear fingernail polish, but I do have my my toes done every couple months.
37. Do you sing in the shower? Nope..I just get in there and take care of business. Maybe that will be my one & only resolution...to start singing in the shower.
38. What movie bests describes your life? "From Here to Eternity."
39. Who is your best friend? My Heavenly Father, He's the only one I can really depend on.
40. What year did you graduate? 1960 (A.D.)
That's all folks.....if you want to see Barbara's answers check out her Journal; http://journals.aol.com/mastersblynn/ConfessionsOfAnAngelWaitress/
Ok..I'm off the computer for awhile now. I have to get something done around here today. linda