1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both, it depends on the gift and the receiver.
2. Real tree or artificial? I have a four and a half foot artificial tree that I keep completely decorated all time. After the holidays, I wrap plastic around it and put it in my storage shed. That way if anyone wants a "Christmas in July" party...they can borrow my tree. Just bring it in and plug it in..it's ready to go.and the new room isn't finished yet.
3. When do you put up the tree? As soon as I get enough energy to move everything out of the storage shed so I can get to it.
4. When do you take the tree down? I leave it up until after my birthday...maybe taking it down by the second week of January.
5. Do you like eggnog? I buy the ready made eggnog (light) and mix it half and half with 1% milk. YUM !!!!! And a little splash of it is really good in cocoa.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? When I was about five years old..I got a beautiful doll house, a kid sized ironing board, a play iron...I think they were trying to get me ready to be a house wife. Unfortunately I was only one for about 12 years.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? I have several and I love them..it's just in my smaller house I don't have a place to put them all out.
8. Hardest person to buy for? There is one person, who I choose not to name.
9. Easiest person to buy for? My grand daughter.
10. Mail or e-mail Christmas cards? I love to send out Christmas cards...start them shortly before Thanksgiving. Biggest ordeal of Christmas cards are the letters to out of town relatives and friends.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I can't remember ever getting a bad gift. I got a bad birthday gift once but that's another story.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer (have a Holly Jolly Christmas)
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I shop all year long, if I'm out and around and see something that looks appropriate for a person on my list I get it. For instance I got some of my shopping done on my Alaska cruise last August.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? yes....I'm sorry. Only did it because of lack of finances.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Turkey, dressing, green bean casserole but that's not what I'm fixing this year.
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? I love both on the tree. My little tree has 200 lights on it.
17. Favorite Christmas song(s)? "Mary Did You Know" (thanks to Mark Lowry for that one) And of course all the old traditional carols sung at church. Least favorite Christmas song? "Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer." It was funny until I became a grandma. LOL
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? I will be at home for Christmas. The only traveling would be locally.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? "On Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, on Comet, Cupid, Donder and Blitzen!"... and Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer and Dixie
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? White Lace Angel
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Well, I don't know ...this year my family dinner will be on Friday December 22nd. If I get any gifts, I'll save one for Christmas morning for sure.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Nothing...I love it all.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I love ornaments that have the country look, rocking horses, old fashioned train cars, angels, snowmen.....I love them all.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Turkey and all the trimmings...but this year I'm cooking a spiral ham, scalloped potatoes, cranberries (they're good with ham, too) and various salads. Dessert ? I haven't decided yet. I'm not a pumpkin pie fan, so it won't be that for sure.
25. Do you have Jesus in your heart this Christmas? Yes, that's best gift of all, one that's free....Salvation thru Jesus Christ. I asked Him into my heart when I was 8 years old...that was over 55 years ago.