I missed last Friday so here is my make up 5'er!
If you want to play all you do is cut and paste these questions into your journal. (there is no deadline as to when you can do "The 5'er) When you have answered them come back and leave a link in my comment section. On the following Friday I will have a new set of questions! Have fun!
1. It's summertime and pretty much hot all over. What is the hottest day you can recall?
Here in my hometown there have been a few (very few) where the temperature would reach up to 99* or 100*. But that is rare. But it's so humid here, anything over 75* feels uncomfortable.
2. How do you keep cool in the summer? Pool? Beach? Other?
Just stay out of the direct sun. I hate to go out anywhere, because you have to close up the house when you leave , then you come home & the house is even hotter.
3. Do you prefer to be sweating on a hot summer day or shoveling snow on a cold winter's day?
Well, shoveling snow is certainly not fun & being too hot is not fun. So I don't like either option. How about 70 degrees, with a breeze and it rains every other night between midnight and 3am ? That would be perfect !
4. What did summer mean to you as a kid?
Summer meant Vacation Bible School when I was young, then 1 week of Church camp as a teenager. But always there was work. I lived on a farm and I had to help, like weeding the garden, etc. Then after 7th grade I started picking raspberries, strawberries and green beans during the summer. After I turned 16 and could drive...I'd babysit during the summer months.
5. If you could be anywhere else right now where would you be?
Down at Westport on the ocean.
Bring on the Otter Pops....it's still hot !