Monday, June 26, 2006


Last night was so horrible I literally got sick and couldn't sleep, so called in sick for work today.  Tomorrow I must go no matter what.  I'm sure I'm already in trouble for today.     Staying home allowed me to try an experiement regarding the heat and this mobile.  I kept everything closed up, mini blinds, windows, doors etc. But kept all the fans going, including the summer fan in the furnace.  A little after 4pm (when I would normally get home from work) I opened the house up.  The living room temperature actually was up to 90 degrees and my bedroom up to 88 degrees at that point. Hopefully both rooms will cool down before 9pm when bed time rolls around again.

I talked to Lynnette about 10:30 this morning.  They had still not heard from her grand daughter.  I told her that I had requested prayer for the girl's safety and comfort and a feeling of peace for the family while they all wait for her return.  Even though the police were notified of her disappearance, apparently there is not much they can do until she's been gone for 30 days.  That seems horrible to me but I guess they have to have guidelines to go by.   Anyway, Lynnette was overwhelmed that people all around the world were praying for this situation and she asked me to thank you all for your concern.  She'll keep me updated and I, in turn will update you.

It was interesting to watch Gabi today, move from place to place in the heat.  She spent most of the day on the wood entry way, off the carpet and her blanket which is on the sofa.  Right now, I see she's laying up on one of my end tables (again cool wood). She's got two bowls of water and she did seem to drink frequently thru out the day.

I watched the news and hear that our east coast is having a lot of rain.  I hope there is no flooding for those people.  And we'd be glad to take a little of it off their hands if they'd like to share. 

That's all for now, until next time.........Linda


yakima127 said...

It is very warm in our apartment, too.  Fans going everywhere!  Lucky we don't get direct sun in the living room or my bedroom.  The boys' bedroom gets hot early and stays stuffy all day.  Good thing they are both on vacation for most of the summer and don't have to deal with it!  
I can't believe the police do nothing for 30 days!  That seems unbelievable!  Is she considered a runaway?  Jae

robinngabster said...

Do you have a/c?  

I can't  believe the police cant do anything for that long of a time.  What about a private detective?  Maybe he could go thru the computer and find out more about the guy she has been talking too.  What a nightmare, I feel for them.

jeadie05 said...

Linda that seems a long time,Ithink its 24 hours here for juveniles ,cant believe its so hot ,can understand you staying off work ,far to hot to work ........Jan xx

labdancer51 said...

I agree with Jan`s comment, 30 days is a long time to wait when a young person is involved.  My heart goes out to Lynette and her family.  Gabi must really really feel the heat with her thick fur coat, I hope you both get a good nights sleep tonight. :o)

Sandra xxxx

jlocorriere05 said...

I hope you managed to get some sleep last night. That does seem a long time to wait, anything could have happened by then. I'm still praying the girl will turn up safely, her poor parents must be frantic. Gabi seems a wise cat, they always find the coolest spots to lay. Mine go into the hall where they can get a draught under the front door! Jeannette xx