Friday, June 16, 2006

50 (well almost 50) Things About Me

If you read this.....FILL IT OUT!!! Learn 50 things about your friends and let them learn 50 things about you!  I got this from Robin at; http://journals.aol.com/robinngabster/Thesearethedaysofourlives/entries/1612 who She got it from someone else.

1. How tall are you barefoot?
5'5"  I used to be taller but because of a three level spinal fusion back in 1992 and getting old...I have shrunk almost 3 inches. YIKES !

2. Have you ever smoked before?
Well, this is a touchy one.  I never had the habit and I never inhaled (that's a true fact..it made me dizzy) but I did in my past, puff on a few cigarettes from time to time. However, it's been many, many years and again I'm happy to say I was never addicted to the nasty things. I guess I was a social puffer.

3. Do you own a gun?
I have a squirt gun...does that count?


4. What's your favorite sport to watch?
None...I don't care to watch any of them. About 5 minutes of the Jerry Springer show is enough sports for me.

5. How many letters are in your crush's name?
There are 4 letters in that special name


6. What do you think of hotdogs?
The ones from Costco are wonderful about twice a year.  And maybe once or twice one off the bar-b-que tastes good.  Again, I'm not addicted to them, because I always get horrible heart burn and it's not worth it.


7. What's your favorite Christmas song?
"Mary Did You Know"

8.What do you prefer to drink in the morning?
decaf Yuban with lots of liquid Coffee Mate (the unflavored one)

9. Are you in love?
I wish....

10. Have you ever done ecstacy?
Heavens no, only in the last few years did I even know what it was. When I was young, it was a state of mind.


11. Do you like Spam?
No, not really.  I had a couple cans in my emergency food supply when we were expecting some horrible thing to happen when the year 1999 became 2000.  Later in 2000 I gave it to the food bank.

12. Do you like painkillers?
I'm allergic to all the so-called good ones. So even when I had back and other surgeries all I got was Tylenol.

13. What is your secret weapon to lure in the opposite sex?
Believe me at my advanced age...it's much too late for any of that kind of business. I don't have the energy for such things.


14. Do you own a knife?
Just the ones in the kitchen drawer.

15. Do you have A.D.D.?
Nope. Unless it stands for Advanced Dietary Disorder.

16. Full initals?
LLS ...Which by the way... they have always been because my maiden name was Smith and when I got married I ended up with another last name that also began in "S"  


17. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment.
    1. Poor Robin has cramps.

    2. I want to go out for Mexican food tonight

    3. Saturday if I do nothing else, I am going to go see Sandra Bullock's new movie "The Lake House."

18. Name the last three things you bought today.
    1. I ordered a couple new books on line

    2. 100 Postage stamps...I'm sick of never having stamps and it's pay day so why not stock up.   
    3. Filled up the gas tank....$2.98 for unleaded regular at a Union 76 station.

19. Name 5 drinks you regularly drink
    1.  milk  2.water 3. decaf coffee 4. decaf tea  5. Dr Pepper

   
20. What time did you wake up today?
about 7:15am


21.Are you married?
no unfortunatley I'm not.  I miss being married.


22. Describe your partner your wed to. (If you aren't use a friend).
I'm not wed so the friend I live with is; Short legged, grey and white hair (fur), big yellow-green eyes, long grey tail, and a flat face.


23. Current hate?
Robin is right..hate takes alot of energy.  But I do absolutely dislike and am totally sick of my job.  Something has to change & soon.


24. Favorite place to be?
anywhere but at the workplace, I'd rather go to the dentist than go to work.

25. Least favorite place to be?
the workplace

26. Where would you like to go?
After my Alaska cruise, I'd love to go to England so I could visit my cousin Doug, my former neighbor Terri and my AOL journal friends Sandra, Jeannette, Ally, Jan and Jeannette.


28. Where do you think you'll be in 10 years?
Oh wow, that a hard one..in 10 years I'll be 74 years old.  I hope I'm still alive and relatively healthy


29. Do you burn or tan?
I'm fair skinned and very blond...I do not tan.


30. Favorite color(s)?
lavender and blue (dilly, dilly)


31. Would you be a pirate?
To plunder and pillage?  No I don't think so.

32. Last time you had an alcoholic drink?
It was a little sip of champagne for a wedding toast in 1991.  I just don't like alcohol period.


33. What songs do you sing in the shower?
"Oh What A Beautiful Morning" then I go right into "Take This Job and Shove It."

34. As a child, what did you fear was going to get you at night?
I don't remember ever being afraid at night.


36. What's the last thing that made you laugh?
Something that was said at the MANDATORY staff meeting I had to attend today on my day off. It was so ridiculous, it was funny.


37. Best bed sheets you had as a child?
I can't remember...that was a long time ago. I know one thing..there were no nice fitted sheets when I was a child.


38. Worst injury you've ever had?
When I blew out my back in October of 1991, pushing a big fat patient in a wheel chair up a ramp at work.


40. How many tv's do you have in your house?
just two


41. Who is your loudest friend?
I can't think of any, most are pretty laid back, unless we're all together and then it's a different story.


42. Who is your most silent friend?
Gabi, my little flat faced kitty.  She doesn't meow, she just kind of squeeks.

43. Does someone have a crush on you?
Again, just Gabi...she thinks I'm wonderful.  She loves to be near me all the time, she worships and adores me.

44. Do you wish on stars?
Because I have to get up so early in the morning, I rarely see the stars.

45. What is your favorite book?
Well, I love my Bible of course but other than that..I guess
Little Women

46. What's your favorite candy
plain Hershey bars, I can make one last several days...just break off a little square now & then.

47. What song did you last hear?
"Amazing Grace"  I was listening to a Christian radio station from Seattle on the way home from that stupid meetiing.

48. What song(s) do you want played at your funeral?
"Great is Thy Faithfullness", and  "No One Ever Cared For Me Like Jesus"

49. What were you doing at 12 am last night?
sleeping..I knew I had to get up this morning and prepare myself mentally for that stupid meeting at work.

50. What was the first thing you thought when you woke up this morning?
"Oh rats...I have to go to that stupid meeting at work and I'd rather go to a movie."


Finally! But since there wasn't a 27, 35, or 39 I guess you only really learned 47 things about me! Now I hope someone else will do this and pass on the results to myself and Robin.       Linda

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love learning about people. The trick is remembering all I learn. lol
Tried this once, and saved the results. BUT..got so many that I'd saved close to 50 and was still going. No way could I remember it all. Since I read this I will answer the questions and email it to you and Robin.
Hugs
Barb- http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK
        http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/THERESTOFTHESTORY

Anonymous said...

Mysterious missing questions, LOL.  I learned a lot of things about you.

Krissy at Hope Lodge
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Ok I did it now go read it!!!  Loved learning more about you! Barbara

Anonymous said...

I'm laughing....Jerry Springer.LOL
Me having cramps! Costco weiners rock!

Anonymous said...

laughed at your no 4 ~  and 22 for a minute thought you were describing a man lol ~ 26 would be good ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

How to learn more about someone lol ...........Jan xx

Anonymous said...

So you own a squirt gun, lol!! It'd be lovely for you to come over here now you have a passport, I feel like I know you already! Have a great weekend! Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

I found out a lot about you Missy Linda with this entry!  Doesn't it make you wonder just what those missing 3 were? LOL Have a wonderful Fri
Barb