Tuesday, November 28, 2006

I Gotta Go

Well, I got a call from the boss...she made it into the office and sort of suggested I should try it.  So I'm ready to go...the only thing that will save me is call saying that all non-essential employees can stay home.  I realize a hospital can't run without it's employees...but I'm not a nurse or a doctor so those of us who are non-essential should be off the roads, without a black mark on our record for an unexused absence.  So at 7:20am...I'm on my way.  Hopefully I can get there before 8am, working until 4:30pm and still get my 8 hours in today.   Again, I hope it's warmer where ever you are.....Joni and Monica, be careful going in today.   Linda

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well be safe Linda sorry to hear you are braving the roads! No snow over here in cold wet and windy scotland yet! But it is sure cold enough for it! Take care have a great day Kelly X

Anonymous said...

Do take care Linda.

Hugs  Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

Am working through alerts in sequence - drive carefully!

Anonymous said...

Oh, she is so wrong to advise you to "try" to make it when even the State Patrol is recommending that you NOT...Jae

Anonymous said...

Ohh you went in!  I hope you got there safely.  I have to run a few errands today - no work.  But, I'm hoping that the sun will melt some of the icy roads.  Let us know how you did.

Monica

Anonymous said...

Linda I was just reading your entry saying you were staying at home ~ and I thought Oh good I was glad you didn't have to drive on the icy roads ~ then this popped up ~ I hope you will be OK and the roads will all be sanded ~ and safe ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

sorry to hear you had to go in..........i hope it was without incident.

our weather is a little too warm.  that usually means we have some bad rain coming.....

take care

tina pipp

Anonymous said...

Driving home shouldn't be too bad.  However WALKING around was the hard part!!
Let us know when  you get home ...safely

Monica

Anonymous said...

I agree with you, non essentials should be off the road with no negative consequences.   And in Bama, the place of employment can be held responsible for accidents if they insist employees come in.
~Meg

Anonymous said...

I've only driven on icy/snowy roads a few times and it made me very nervous.  I hope you made it to and from in great shape!  No fender benders, please!
Hugs,  Kathy