Friday, July 8, 2005

Friday, last day of my vacation

Well, today is the last day of my vacation.  I did not go to any exciting places, other than a movie one evening.  It was one of those weeks where I was just home (maybe pretending to be retired ?!?)   Working in the yard, the house, getting ready for a carport sale on July 22nd & 23rd, you know ...one of those kind of vacations.  By the way, the movie I saw was "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants" and it was great.....absolutely a chick flick for chicks of all ages.  Today, I take my grand daughter to her birthday lunch.  Then tomorrow is the party...then her birthday week will be over for another year.  In the local newspaper today there was an article about an interesting website, so I thought I would share it.  It is; http://emilie.halgatewood.com/yawn.html

The idea here is to watch the pictures on this website and not yawn.  The paper called it a "physical challenge."  Well, I didn't yawn, maybe it's because I had just been up about an hour when I checked it out.  So go ahead and have fun with it and see if you can keep from yawning when you watch Emilie yawn and yawn and yawn.  Oh my gosh..I just yawned !!

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think a week of hanging out, and doing what you want is a great week!  Have a good lunch with your grand daughter!!!  JAE

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda,  this is emilie of emilie's don't yawn game.  I was just wondering if you could tell me the name of the newspaper you saw this article in?  Thanks so much.  emilie.  oh, and...thanks for finally yawning!!!

Anonymous said...

sorry, if you could reply by emailing me at emilie@halgatewood.com
thanks again.

Anonymous said...

I work with Linda and she very graciously invited me to view her journal.  I know Linda is an avid reader, but I had no idea she is such a talented writer.

I viewed Emilie's website, and I didn't yawn - that is til I sent the link on to several others, then it started and I don't seem to be able to stop.  Maybe there is something about subliminal messages - enough already!

Take care and God bless,

Susan