Monday, July 11, 2005

Rock A By Baby

Well, I'm up and about to start getting ready for work.  I wanted to share a website this morning.  It seems that Mei Xiang, a giant panda at the zoo in Washington, DC has given birth.  The baby weighs just ounces compared to mom's weight of 250 pounds.  They say the baby is about the size of a stick of butter.  The zoo folks are hopeful about the survival of their new resident.  They are hearing appropiate sounds from the baby coming via the panda cam installed in her cage. Most of the time baby is hidden behind mom's huge paw.  When I went on to the website, the panda cam was either busy or not working but found the panda information on the website very interesting. Here's the webcam address;

http://nationalzoo.si.edu/Animals/GiantPandas/

Enjoy and have a marvy day.  Until next time.......Linda

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh dear...it says server error.  I`ll come back later and have a look.  I`d just love to see the baby. :-)

Sandra xxxx