Sunday, September 11, 2005

EASY Like A Sunday Morning

EASY - like Sunday Morning!  #23

Here's my question of the week.  Answer it in your journal and come back here and leave me a link in the comments.  I'll post your links on Saturday and we'll start over again next week :-)

Tell me.....

"Where were you on September 11, 2001?"

An assignment from: http://journals.aol.com/pixiedustnme/Inmyopinion/entries/1269

I was in my living room, watching "Good Morning America" waiting for two other co-workers and the Shuttle Van that we were using at the time to pick us up for work.  The hosts on GMA came on and said there had been some sort of a plane crash into the World Trade Center and that they were trying to get more details.  But they did have a camera shot of the initial smoke coming out of the side of the building.  By the time my co-workers showed up, they were just finding out that it was a passenger jet and then just before the van picked us up, the second plane hit.  When we got to work, the boss had pulled the TV (used for educational videos, etc only) out of the conference room and had it turned to a Seattle news station and there it remained all day and I'm sure thru the night. I work in a call center for the health system and it is staffed 24-7.   It was so difficult for us to keep our composure during that day and the next several days as we helped those calling in. We were in tears most of that first day, especially.  I don't remember calling Julie but I guess I must have.  That's what she has posted in her journal.     I'm also old enough to remember the day President Kennedy was shot...and I remember the details of that day vividly.  Two dreadful events that will remain in my mind forever.        Linda

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it strange how some moments are etched into our lives forever?