Monday, September 5, 2005

Monday, Happy Labor Day (a day off from work for most)

I was looking thru pictures this morning and found this one.  This was taken in August 1963, the little girl in the picture (Jools)  was 20 months old.  I just thought I'd share...after all it's Labor Day, a day off from work and today it would be work for me to come up with an original, interesting entry.  So this will have to do.  It's a beautiful sunny day here in the Pacific Northwest, they keep promising us rain but it never happens...I watered again yesterday for hours.  Everything is so dry.   I keep seeing the coverage of the Hurricane Katrina damage on TV.  The images of those people, who have lost everything, just breaks my heart.  I can only hope that this time next year, their lives will be totally different than they are today.  Until next time.......Linda

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aah, how sweet, what an adorable little girl.  Yes, I hope the people affected by the Hurricane can rebuild their lives and get all the hope that they need

Anonymous said...

;-)
~Julie

Anonymous said...

I simply can't watch the devastation of the people's lives who have been affected by Hurricane Katrina.  I watch the news for 15 minutes a day, and then have to turn it off.  So much misery.  All I can do for those people is pray.

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink