Sunday, October 23, 2005

"MIZZLE ????"

I heard a new weather term this morning, the weather guy on one of the Seattle TV stations  used the word "mizzle" to describe the weather we could expect today.  Apparently, (according to weather guy) that's a combination of mist and drizzle.   I like that term and it really describes most of what we have experienced so far today.  But, I don't care...I've got a nice fire going in the woodstove and it can mizzle all it wants to out there.  The only regret I have is that I was going to mow the lawn (front & back) after church today.  The grass in the back yard, especially, is very long.  Oh well, I guess it will wait for another day.  Meanwhile Gabi and I are comfy and warm here in the house with not a care in the world. 

I remember years ago (in another life time) my then husband  and I (and our young son) traveled to North Dakota to visit friends in Colgate, a little town outside of Fargo.  It was a cold February when we made the trip and I learned the term "snirt" at that time.  That's when snow & dirt mix together, especially when the snow plow throws it along side the road.  That's what you see..you know that ugly, dirty stuff piled up.  It's "snirt."  

Well, I hope I've added to someone's vocabulary today.         Until next time.......Linda

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've heard of mizzle before but not snirt!! It sounds kind of dirty doesn't it?!! Oh well, have a good day in by the stove. Jeannette.