Sunday, October 9, 2005

Sunday 7-Episode 6

From Patrick's Place;

http://journals.aol.com/pattboy92/PatricksPlace/entries/1319

THIS WEEK'S QUESTION:
Name seven books (title and author, please) on your bookshelf that you couldn't resist buying...but that you haven't read yet!

Well, I'm sad to say I have more than seven books I haven't read yet.  So I chose the top seven, in random order, that I will no doubt before the other unread books.  I'm just finishing the third book in a  series of three by Tracie Peterson.  So soon will have to make a huge decision which book to read next.  Also, Richard Paul Evans (author of The Christmas Box) has a new book out, which will also be going on the unread pile as soon as I get it. It's entitled The Sunflower. Again in random order, here are the books I grabbed for Patrick's Seven.

1. 50 Harbor Street by Debbie Macomber

2. Sarah by Marek Halter

3. The Presence by T. Davis Bunn

4. Stepping Heavenward by Mrs. E. Prentiss

5. a series of 3 books by Marian Wells, The Wishing Star, Star Light, Star Bright, and Morning Star.

6. a 2-in1 edition also by Marion Wells, The Wedding Dress and With This Ring.

7. The Edge of the Sky by Drusilla Campbell

And like I said...there are more.  I have a Half Price Book store located on my route home from work (somehow my car just turns into the parking lot automatically) and my local library has a section of books that are for sale.  Most are donated by Friends of the Library and are as inexpensive as 50 cents for a soft back.  The smaller paperbacks are 35 cents and hardbacks are anywhere from 75 cents to $2.00.  Most are in like new condition so if I stop there I usually come away with 2 or 3 good books for less than a couple bucks. Great topic, thanks Patrick !

Now, I have to get on eBay.  A co-worker gave me some stuff to list for her and I've got to get that done !  Until next time..Linda


 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now you will have lots of good books to read!

http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink