Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Wednesday is almost over

It was my day off today and I really didn't get much accomplished but it was a good day.  I had a doctor's appointment this morning, so had to get moving to make that on time.  I have about a million alerts to read, and I don't know if I'll get to them today.  I have local newspapers from last week still stacked on the end of my couch that I haven't read.  I did however get the lawn mowed yesterday after I got home from work.  Today after my doctor's appointment I stopped and gassed up my car (ouch!) stopped at the store and got milk ($1.88 a gallon on sale..that's good), came home, got the mail, ate some lunch and then went to a 1:20pm movie.  I saw the movie "In Her Shoes."  It was pretty good....touching...and sometimes funny. Now, it's time to think about some dinner, I have a salmon steak out, so will fix that and just have a salad (too much popcorn at the movie). I've got a fire going in the woodstove and Miss Gabi is all stretched out soaking up the heat.   I go back to work early (7am) Thursday morning and then Friday, at my supervisors request, I'll helping out on the hospital switchboard for a 8a-4:30p shift. I can hardly wait.  :(      At least I won't have to pack a lunch for Friday.  Since  the switchboard room is just around the corner from the cafeteria, I can go there and get some lunch.   The building where  I  normally work is about 3 or 4 blocks from the actual hospital building and with only a 30 minute lunch break, you  just barely have time to get over there, wait in line for your food and get back.  So much for eating leisurely. Sorry this entry was so boring...there's just not much going on.  Besides that, I have to start resting up for Julie's birthday...that always wears me out.   Until next time...Linda

No comments: