Monday, November 21, 2005

Update On The Tacoma Mall Shooting

The mall remained closed today until noon.  I imagine there was still some investigating going on there.  I heard on the news tonight that the critically injured victim (a 38 year old man) is still in very serious condition with a bullet lodged at his spine.  The accused appeared in court today to be charged with 14 counts, including assault, kidnapping, etc.  And he's being held on two million dollars bail.   Of course he pleaded not guilty

It was another cool day in Western Washington...about 45 degrees, foggy this morning and the sun never did break thru.  I heard that this evening visibility at Seattle-Tacoma airport is about 1/2 mile.  I'm glad I'm not flying anywhere.  I wish the fog would keep the U S Air Force on the ground but they keep going out & in over my house.

Until next time.........Linda

Thanksgiving Divorce

A man in Phoenix calls his son in New York a few days before Thanksgiving and says, "I hate  to ruin your day, but I have to tell you that your mother and I are divorcing... forty-five years of misery is enough."

"Pop, what are you talking about?" the son screams.   "We can't stand the sight of each other any longer," the father says.  "We're sick of each other and I'm sick of talking about this, so you call your sister in Chicago and tell her."

Frantic, the son calls his sister, who explodes on the phone.  "Like heck they're getting divorced," she shouts.  "I'll take care of this."

She gets on the phone and calls Phoenix immediately, and screams at her father,  "you are NOT getting divorced.  Don't do a single thing until I get there.  I'm calling my brother back and we'll both be there tomorrow.  Until then, don't do a thing. DO YOU HEAR ME?" and hangs up.

The man hangs up the phone and turns to his wife,  "Okay," he says, "the kids are coming for Thanksgiving and they are paying their own way."

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for update on Mall.  didn't get any news here about it...Hope the poor chap in hospital makes a good recovery..It was foggy here all yesterday - could see a glimps of the sun but it never managed to get thro'  Loved the Thanksgiving tale - very funny....Ally

Anonymous said...

Hope the poor inocent fellow hurt in the shooting makes a good recovery .The thanks giving story was great Iwonder what the son and daughter had to say when they discovered the truth LOL ..............Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I hope the poor young man will be OK but a bullet in the spine doesn't sound good. What an awful thing to happen to someone so young. Love that story!! Jeannette. http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels

Anonymous said...

Re Thanksgiving Divorce...Hahahaha...that was a good one!!  Certainly had me giggling.Eve