Monday, December 26, 2005

Now It's Really Over !!

Dinner tonight went very well.  There were 10 adults, my two teenage grand kids  and my two little great nieces.  We had ham, turkey breast, fruit salad, scalloped potatoes, green bean casserole, and then pumpkin pie, apple pie and pecan pie. Yum, yum.  I took a few pictures but the picture of my daughter Julie and her family didn't come out. I feel bad about that.  So there's a picture of my brother Steve, my sister in law, Joan and their middle daughter, Jill with her hubby, Lance and their two little girls, Lindsey and Ella.   And one of my son Jim and his girl friend Carrie.  When you're busy cooking it's hard to get pictures taken.  Jim and Carrie helped Bob and I clean up (my brother and wife had a wedding to go to tonight also) and load all the stuff in my car and then followed Bob and I to my house and helped us bring it all into my house.  That made a huge difference...two extra pairs of legs and hands to pack all the stuff out of the car.  Then my poor son had to leave and go to work.  He's still on that icky night shift for at least another week.

My new printer is sitting here in it's box.  Tomorrow I'll get it installed.  My son in law doesn't have a scanner so I told him that he could have my old scanner.  He's happy and so are the grandkids.  They'll be scanning everything in the house.   Ally said this printer sounded like hers.  It's actually a HP PSC 1610v.

Anyway, that's all for today.  This old lady is tired, tired, tired. Until another day....Linda

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"This old lady is tired "now I wonder why ?!!you did very well and it sounds as though everyone had a good time ,The green bean casserole sounds intrigueing,great pics ,Irecognise your son ,and your brother and you share the same colouring ,now have a rest ,youve earned it lol ........Jan xxxx

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good time, pity about Julie's photos not coming out. Dinner sounded great. Your scanner is almost identical to mine except mine won't print out videos. Yours does it clip by clip, like a series of photos. Have a very happy new tear Linda. Jeannette.

Anonymous said...

Glad dinner went well - and everyone had a good time...Sounds like you prepared a feast for everyone....Have just done first little video clip from camera - really is facinating.....Have a lovely day.....Ally

Anonymous said...

Dinner sound wonderful.  I have never had pumpkin pie but I suspect it is sweet and therefore not suitable for me.  Come to think of it, have never had pecan pie either.  Glad you got a new scanner.

ttp://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda,  I hope you had a lovely Christmas.  That dinner sounds absolutely delicious, it makes my mouth water...mmmmm!  You have a lovely looking family there. :o)

Sandra xxxxx