Saturday, December 3, 2005

Robin's 5'er a day late

     

Hi guys!!! 

It's Friday and it is time for what I call "THE 5'er!"     

From Robin at; http://journals.aol.com/robinngabster/Thesearethedaysofourlives/entries/1272

Let's play!!!

1.  Where is the furthest you have traveled for Christmas and will you be traveling this year?   When I was a kid we would travel across the snowy Cascade Mountains to either the aunt & uncle on my dad's side (they lived in Yakima) or the aunt & uncle on my mom's side (they lived in Sunnyside) every other year.  Not usually on Christmas day but sometime while school was out for Christmas break.  But that was years ago, in another lifetime.  No where to travel to anymore.  The aunts, uncles and grandparents have all passed away and the cousins are scattered.

2.  Do you celebrate any other holiday this month? Kwanza? Chanukah? Festivus?    Always celebrate Christmas (not Xmas) and every third year on the full moon in March,  I celebrate Festivus (you know I'm kidding, right?)

3. Who is the hardest person to shop for on your Christmas list and why do you think they are so hard to buy for?  I guess I'm pretty lucky, there is no one that's seems difficult to me.  However, maybe none of them like what I give them.

4. How old were you when you stopped believing in Santa? Extra credit if you have a picture of you with Santa!  I don't remember ever believing in Santa Claus.  Ithink my parents helped me to understand that the Santa thing was more the "spirit of Christmas & giving"  and  not a true, live human being. Look at the picture, you can tell by the look on my face that I know that man has on a fake beard.    No really, from a very early age I knew that Christmas was the celebration of the birth of Jesus.

5. Fill in the blank;   For me Christmas just wouldn't be the same without the ? the beautiful Christmas carols, outdoor lights and decorations and of course...the special services and programs at church.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi.......Your entries are great......Thanks for leaving me wonderful comments to my journal. I would love to ask you a question ?

Your friend, Southernmush