Friday, January 20, 2006

The Friday Morning 5'er

     

Hi guys!!! 

It's Friday and it is time for what I call "THE 5'er!"     

If you want to play all you do is cut and paste these questions into your journal. (there is no deadline as to when you can do "The 5'er) When you have answered them come back and leave a link in my comment section.  On the following Friday I will have a new set of questions! Have fun!

This weeks theme is...Games! I love playing games.  From Robin at; http://journals.aol.com/robinngabster/Thesearethedaysofourlives/entries/1344

LET'S PLAY!!!

1.  Have you ever played Truth or Dare? Either as an adult or a child?  Sure I think every one plays that game, especially as a child....I don't remember ever playing it was an adult. But thanks for the idea...

2. What is your all time favorite game?  When I think "game" ....I think fun and simple (that's why I don't play chess).  So I guess my all time favorite game would have to be UNO.

 

3.  Hormones were rampant as a teenager. Did you ever play spin the bottle? Can you tell us about it?  Yup, just once, after a 6th grade Campfire Girls Christmas party, while the adults were in the other room cleaning up, there was a group of us girls & one boy, playing this game.  I think he kissed all the girls that evening.  It didn't go on too long as we were called to pitch in and haul stuff to the cars.  Yes, I do remember his name, we went all the way thru grade school and high school with him.  Today he's happily married to someone who didn't go to school with us and living in another state. I wonder if she knows about that evening?  I have to admit at a class reunion 10 years ago, that same thought crossed my mind when he introduced her to me. NO...I didn't give away the secret.

4.  When was the last time you played a game? Who were you with? Where did you play it and what game was it?   Wow, it's been awhile...probably was my grandkids.  It seems the last few times they've spent the night, they are watching video's so we don't get a game of UNO into our schedule.

 

5. If "Life" really was a game where would you be on the board?  In Jail? Do not pass go? Bankrupt? Buying out property? Having babies? Boardwalk?  Well, I can tell you all that it wouldn't be having babies!! I guess it would be nearing "Do Not Pass Go."  For at least 1 year until I can retire & then I will be passing "Go" and heading toward "Boardwalk."

That's it. I've had my turn to roll the dice. Now I'll head back to leave Robin  a link to my journal! That was fun! (I hadn't thought about that "Spin the Bottle" part for a long time, that was 52 years ago)

I'm off to get ready for the day.  I've got a million and one things I want to do today, and hopefully I'll have time to get in another movie.  Until next time......Linda

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like Uno too - especially if a big group (like four or so) play it. Enjoy your weekend

betty

Anonymous said...

I love UNO. We have one called UNO Attack. It is a blast...do you know of that one?

Thanks for playing.