Saturday, July 15, 2006

The Drunk Needs A Push

Thanks to former high school classmate Chet and his wife Barb for the following;

A man and his wife are awakened at 3 o'clock in the morning by a loud pounding on the door.  The man gets up and goes to the door where a drunken stranger, standing in the pouring rain, is asking for a push.

"Not a chance," says the husband, "it's 3 o'clock in the morning!" He slams the door and returns to bed.

"Who was that?" asked his wife. "Just some drunk guy asking for a push," he answers.

"Did you help him?" she asks.

"No, I did not, it is 3 o'clock in the morning, and it is pouring out there!"

"Well," says his wife.  "Can't you remember about three months ago when we broke down and those two guys helped us?"  "I think you should help him, and that you should be ashamed of yourself."

The man now feeling obligated, gets dressed and goes out into the rain and calls out into the dark, "Hello, are you still there?"

"Yes," comes back the answer.

"Do you still need a push?" calls out the husband

"Yes, please!" comes the reply from the dark.

"Where are you?" asks the husband.

"Over here, on the swing." Replies the drunk.

*****************************************

Well, it's another sunny, breezy day here in the Pacific Northwest.  The TV weather guy says the high should be 78 degrees at 5pm today.  I have Avon to deliver but other than that I don't need to go out in the car.  So my plan is to accomplish something around here today.  What that shall be, I don't know at this point.  I hope everyone has a wonderful Saturday, until later.....Linda

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Took me a minute to get that joke...seriously, I even said outloud, "huh"?  LOL!  Better grab me another cup of coffee!!!  Jae

Anonymous said...

LOL Linda I loved that one ~ hope you managed to accomplish something whatever it may be ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

LoL... hope you have a great day.
Take care, Chrissie

Anonymous said...

Thats a good one  he he he ,I hope you sort out something or nothing to do and enjoy doing it  .........Jan xx

Anonymous said...

lolol....Oh dear Linda, that is so funny!  I`ll have to copy and paste it and send it to Jim, he`ll love it....lol!  Have a great day. ;o)))

Sandra xxxx

PS:  Jim loved the enormous salmon and he said he wished he could catch something that big.  AND he asked if you knew how much it weighed?  :o)

Anonymous said...

I love that joke!  So funny!  Your weather sounds so nice compared to our over 100 degrees.  I think I may visit soon.  LOL  So glad your kitty is feeling better.  So sad when our pets are under the weather.  I'm looking forward to getting a post card and promise to post a pic!  Have a nice day!  Love,  Kathy

Anonymous said...

That's a great joke Linda! It's nearly 100 degrees here now, I'm not complaining.... I love it! Have a great weekend what ever you decide to do or not do! Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that joke.  As hot as ever here. Have a good week.
Barb