Thursday, July 6, 2006

Finally I saw the movie

I finally got to see the movie "A Prairie Home Companion."  It's based on a real radio show written & narrated by Garrison Keillor,about the fictional town of Lake Wobegon, USA.  This program has been on the radio for more than 30 years.  The movie was,about the fictional demise of said program.  A big wig (Tommy Lee Jones) was buying the theater where the show was produced each week to build a parking lot.  Cast members of this fictional radio show are of course the real Garrison Keillor (as himself), Meryl Streep and Lily Tomlin as the singing Johnson sisters, Lindsy Lohan plays Meryl's daughter, Lola. Then there's Woody Harrelson and John C Reilly who play Dusty and Lefty, a singing cowboy act. It was corny, funny, sad and entertaining.  The music was outstanding and I can't wait for the soundtrack to be released.  Meryl Streep and Lily Tomlin did a great job in their singing roles.  I highly recommend it, if you want a couple hours of entertainment with no violence, blood and guts. 

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0420087/

I did get my ticket for the Bill Gaither concert.  His music is so wonderful, and it will be fun to see his group in concert.  September 8th is also the first day of the Puyallup Fair and because the bus leaves the church at 5:30pm for Seattle, I may not try to do both, but...I was thinking ahead and asked for the following Monday off, just in case that's the day I choose to go to the Fair.  (I don't like going out there on the weekend...too many people.) 

Ok, even tho I've had popcorn this afternoon, I'm going to cook some of that halibut.  Bob is up in the little town of Buckley helping his youngest daughter and her husband get their house ready to put on the market.  So I may just have to eat it all myself. No, I won't do that,because.... it's also good cold.  :)                  Linda                             

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wondered how that movie was going to be.  I have heard lots of good about it.  I also read your entry about the fish which (if I liked fish, LOL) looked scrumptuous! I'm sure it was!!! :)  Sorry your vacation is nearly over.  Have a good weekend.
Barb  

Anonymous said...

YUM!  Jae

Anonymous said...

Pleased you got to see the film and enjoyed it ,you have managed to some interesting things while you were off ,enjoy the fish ,enjoy seeing the Bill Gaither concert ...........Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Garrison Keillor and Lake Wobegone Days. That takes me back about 20 years, and laughing myself silly in the dead of night, listening to him on BBC Worldservice.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/pharmolo/NorthernTrip

Anonymous said...

cooking just for the Hallibut......sounds like you've got some great plans in the works!  Enjoy!
Sharon - http://journals.aol.com/tpiez4me/CoastalComfort

Anonymous said...

Glad you got the tickets and got to see the film today! Enjoy the halibut. Sorry if I leave two comments but I click on to save it and get the blue unavailable screen so I click to go back and Hey Presto! there's two comments there from me, good old AOL!! Have a lovely weekend! Jeannette xx