Friday, July 14, 2006


Thanks for all your well wishes for Gabi.  She is absolutely back to normal !  Her usual routine in the morning is; she sits patiently at one corner of my bed and as soon as I start to get up, she's up on her feet, tail in the air and she starts her little squeaky meow.  Then as my feet hit the floor, her feet also hit the floor and she runs up the hall towards the kitchen, then back to me, then to the kitchen again until I get there to ready her moist food.  Now this is a cat with two bowls of dried food and water out for her at all times, one in the bathroom and another in the kitchen.  You'd think I was starving her the way she acts in the morning.  Oh and we go thru the whole routine when I get home from work in the afternoon, too.  And on the days I don't work....she starts in about 4pm begging for her moist food.  (Can cats tell time?) At times in the morning, I fake her out by stirring like I'm going to get up, but then I just turn over. She seems to have figured this out because she never flinches until I'm really getting up.  Anyway, we were back to our normal routine this morning.  I have called the Vets office and made a slight complaint, since I did ask and the gal said she'd have no side effects, I think she should have been more up front with me.

Well, I have a day off today.  I've been trying to decide if I'm going to a movie this afternoon or stay home and stick to business.  There is a new movie out,  "You, Me and Dupree" but I'm not sure if I want to see it or not.  I do like Owen Wilson, Kate Hudson & Matt Dillon but the reviews say it's basically a stupid movie.  Then there's "Cars," I've wanted to see it too, because I continue to be fascinated by the animated films that have been coming out.  There's a great cast in that movie too, you just don't see their faces.

I talked to my dear friend Judi in San Diego last night.  She like Barbara has been a friend since grade school and she's also going on the cruise.  I hadn't heard from her in awhile and she explained that she'd had a slight TIA about a week and a half ago, plus before that the sewer line out in front of her house caved in and well, you know what...backed up into her bath tub, etc. She had to stay in a hotel for almost two weeks. She thinks the TIA was from the stress of having to re-locate, fighting with her insurance company, etc.  She's had a horrible few  weeks.  She still has to have a MRI on her head and the doctor has upped her from a baby aspirin each day to a full size aspirin but she's feeling fine.   I actually was laughing at one point of our conversation, telling her I hoped the ship didn't sink when all of us old folks boarded with all our pills and potions to get us thru a week at sea.  Judi has been living in San Diego since 1961, moving there with her new husband who was a dentist and in the Navy. He ran off years ago and left her with two young boys to raise alone and she is now looking forward to retirement as a dental hygenist.  She says when she retires, she's moving home!!  After all those years, in that lovely climate she wants to move back to Washington.  She says her boys are settled and have more money to travel than she does, and her mom, brother and sister and their families are up here and this is where she wants to be. I'm thrilled and will love having her close by. 

Well, I'm going to eat some breakfast and decide what to do with the rest of my day, besides mail the post cards.  There are 4 cards going to folks who didn't ask for them....but I had the addresses so made one out for those people anyway.    I hope when you get your cards, you'll post a picture and link your entry to my journal so I can see you with your cards.  Robin only got 3 1/2 of us to do that, since one of her recipients was shy and took a picture of her dog with the card she received.

Robin....I hope all is going well and you're frantically unloading boxes into that new house.      Until next time, Linda


sugarsweet056 said...

Glad Gabi is doing well! {{{}}}
Hoping you have a nice weekend dear.

mastersblynn said...

Are you calling my dog a .....where is that dang half button??? I'm telling!  Glad to hear that Gabi is doing good.  She is so beautiful.  Tiny has a funny routine too. Barbara

jeadie05 said...

Yes animals can tell the time ,and very accurately too ,,so sorry your friend has had all these problems,and also an TIA,do hope she is doing well now . have a lovely weekend whatever you decide to do ......Jan xx

labdancer51 said...

Hi Linda,  I`m glad Gabi is doing well now,  Take care and have a great weekend. :o)

Sandra xxxx

ally123130585918 said...

Linda I am glad Gabi is OK ~ well done to you for making a little complaint ~ she should have been up front with you about the side effects ~ Ally

jlocorriere05 said...

I'm glad Gabi is fine, of course she can tell the time! Sorry Judi has had so many problems, I hope she's OK for the cruise, I just know you're going to have a great time! Have a good weekend! Jeannette xx  

yakima127 said...

Sounds like Gabi is as anxious for that bowl of food as I am for my COFFEE in the morning!  That will be so much fun to have your friend near by!  I hope everythingis okay with her...Jae

angelrose2u said...

So happy to hear gabi is better!!!!!!


nana0014 said...

Cool you can use your pets to take a picture with the postcard! j/k I didn't know we were supposed to mail them all out at once. Huummm.. maybe I better post an entry in my journal with a deadline or something like you all did. I have your address already so I'll count you in. I didn't plan to good. Have a great weekend.
Take care, Chrissie

jeanno43 said...

Both cats and dogs can tell the time much better than we can and we have clocks lol.  Glad that Gabi is back to normal.