Friday, July 21, 2006

I won't be sitting out on my covered porch to eat my dinner tonight

The picture speaks for itself. I've actually shut the front door, because the heat coming from that covered porch is too much.  I did go out in the car and drop another bunch of postcards at the post office.  When I came home I found Miss Gabi sitting on the dining room table in front of the big floor fan. Who can blame her?

*****************************************************************************


The Gift

Roger was in trouble.  He forgot his wedding anniversary.

Patti was really angry.  She told him "Tomorrow morning, I expect to find a gift in the driveway that goes from 0 to 200 in  6 seconds AND IT BETTER BE THERE".

The next morning Roger got up early and left for work. When Patti  woke up, she looked out the window and sure enough there was a box gift-wrapped in the middle of the driveway.

Confused, she put on her robe, ran out to the driveway and brought the box back in the house. She opened it and found a brand new bathroom scale.

Funeral services for Roger have been scheduled for next Friday.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yikes!  100!

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

LOL!  J

Anonymous said...

I've stayed in the house all day myself. Too hot for me hahaha

Anonymous said...

at Sam's club they sell a small room a/c for about $70.  I hate to see you suffering in that heat.  My mom said they used to sit a block of ice in front of a fan when it got unbearably hot.
Stay safe.  Barb  

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about the heat....it's after 9 and still 90°   bout to kill us!!!

Anonymous said...

It is hot here too.  Thank God for A/C.  You need to get you something Linda....make sure you drink plenty of water!!!

Anonymous said...

loved the joke about poor Roger, LOL. Sorry it is so hot for you; must be miserable there

betty

Anonymous said...

We had a storm this agternoon ,and finally some rain ........Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Lordy thats hot on your porch. Bet the car was even hotter. Don't blame the cat!

LOL... that's funny. Thanks I needed a laugh.

Take care, Chrissie