Friday, August 18, 2006

I'M HOME !!!!!!!!

Hi everybody, I'm home.  What a wonderful week.  I never laughed so much in my life.  They had fixed it so we all sat together for dinner, so it was lots of fun & the guys had us all in stiches every night.  The only bad part was.....I got sick.  Woke up Tuesday morning with a sore throat and a little twinge in my left ear. I didn't want to miss the day's events, so got ready to leave the ship anyway.  When we got back on the ship, I went and got a bite to eat and then went to the cabin and layed down.  During the night I had the most horrible pain & pressure in my left ear I have ever experienced as an adult.  So those with me convinced me I should be seen.  Lynnette and Barbara went with me down to the Medical Clinic and I was checked out.  I was very glad when the strep test was negative, however the cute Norwegian doctor said my left inner ear was a mess.  So he had the attractive Russian nurse draw some blood, and the other nurse from Sweden took my vitals.  He came up with a diagnosis of bronchitis and an ear infection.  He gave me a prescription for some Zithromax and a nose spray for the ears.  Total cost=  $325.00.   I called my insurance company when I got home today and they said to send them the paper work and most of the well be reimbursed.   So I missed 2 dinners because of not feeling well and I actually lost 3 pounds from laughing and coughing.  I did not, however, miss the midnight chocolate buffet.   I took over 200 pictures and will be going thru them, I promise I won't post them all.  

Anyway, I'm off to my doctor, here in about an hour  for a follow-up and then to pick up Gabi.  I'm anxious to see if she still likes me, after being left for a week.  So more later.  I missed you all and will try to catch up.  I turned off most alerts but still have 363 emails in my in-box.   So until later.............Linda

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back.  Glad you enjoyed the cruise but sorry you got sick.  Hope it all clears up really soon and you get no hassle with the insurance.

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((((((LINDA))))))))))))))))))))))I have missed you,I didnt even know you was going on a cruise.I am sorry you got sick,and hope you get beter real soon.I know how thoes ear aches are.They are the pits.I had em a few times and when I was at work,everyone had to yell at me because I couldnt hear.lol.I hope you had some fun and I would love to see the choclate bufeett,sounds yuuuuuuuuuuumy.lol.Glad to see you back safe and sound. :))))))))

Anonymous said...

Welcome home Linda, we've all missed you! Thanks for the email updates while you were away. I'm glad you had a good time but sorry you got bronchitis and the ear infection. I hope you feel better soon. I bet Gabi will be so pleased to see you even though she'll probably not show it! And yes, we insist we see ALL the photos!! Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

Welcome home, welcome back. Sorry to hear about your middle-ear infection, hope it's healed now. Don't worry about posting 200 pictures, let's have 'em all LOL

Anonymous said...

Where did that week go ?,so pleased you enjoyed your cruise dear ,we did miss you ..........Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Too bad you got sick, but I am so glad you had that much fun!!!  I have heard of those midnight chocolate buffets, so many times...now I want to SEE one!  I hope you took pictures of that!  Welcome home!  Jae

Anonymous said...

I was so excited when I saw you online earlier!!!  I can't wait to get "my" picture and see the rest of them.  I missed you but I am so glad you had a good time.  Waiting for the Gabi update.

Anonymous said...

Wow....and sick too!  Yikes.  I'll remember to call my doc for Rx's if I ever go on a cruise.  Glad you're better and home safe!

Anonymous said...

Glad you are home and had fun even with being sick.
Barbara

Anonymous said...

glad you are home; sorry you got sick though. Glad, though that the insurance company will help pay for the visit aboard the ship

betty

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good time hun!!

Lv Stevie
xxx

Anonymous said...

Welcome back!!!   anxious to see the pics  (and all those cute medical guys...yeah..we see why you were "sick")  lol   Feeling better, I hope!
~Meg

Anonymous said...

so glad you're back and had a fab time. Bless your heart getting sick. I guess it could  have been worse.  Did you ever get seasick? I hope not!! Great pictures.
Hugs, Barb