Sunday, October 1, 2006

Sunday Morning

First of all let me start with Friday evening.  Barbara and I were in line at The Grand theater waiting to buy our tickets, when my cell phone rang (vibrated...I do turn the ringer off when I go to a movie).  I looked at the caller ID read out and it showed Bob's cell number.  I answered and he said "hi" and I said "hi, where are you?"  I didn't think he'd be using his cell phone from Holland. He stated he was at the airport.  He had mentioned when he called the other day he was having some symptoms of the long drawn out bladder/kidney infection he's been dealing with since April.  And he'd forgotten to take the antibiotics he'd had refilled a couple weeks ago in case the infection hit him again while he was away.  Apparently, after he talked to me the other morning, he did manage to sleep about 5 hours but woke up not feeling good at all.  He tried to get back to sleep but couldn't, so contemplated his situation.  He was upset about the price of everything..the Holiday Inn room was $274 (American) a night, etc. He knew if he got sicker and waited until the weekend to try to fly back standby, he'd be stuck there.  Remembering the pain and agony of his two previous episodes with this infection, he checked out and headed to the airport.  He just told them at the counter that he had a "medical situation" and would like to fly back to anywhere in the U.S. if possible.  They were very kind and he was put on a plane to Cincinnati, Ohio and then from there he later flew on to Seattle-Tacoma.  So anyway, he's back. Back on the antibiotics and  feeling a little better but defiantly needs to see the doctor as soon as possible.   Even though he was only there a few hours, he saw a little of the area the first day he arrived and  he took some pictures and got me the Delft windmill I asked for.  See picture #30.   

Saturday morning was so beautiful, I called and suggested we go for a ride.  So when he got here we took off to somewhere I've wanted to go to for years and have never been.....the Sunrise side of Mount Rainier.  There's all these areas around the mountain and I've only been to Paradise which is just about 60 miles from home and the most popular part of the mountain for visitors.  It was a lovely ride and coming back we found a campground (White River Campground) we may visit next summer.  Unfortunately even though the weather is still very nice...the campground and all the facilites at Sunrise have closed for the winter.   I've posted some pictures...imagine the warm sun on your face, the air just faintly crisp, but pure as can be.  And a gentle breeze ruffling the giant trees along the way.  The entry after this one will be a video I took from the White River Campground, of Fryingpan Creek easily viewed from many of the campsites.  Enjoy........

On the way back we stopped in Enumclaw to see his youngest daughter, her husband & their 2 1/2 year old boy.  They have just moved into a new house and Bob had been helping them with some plumbing and other issues before they moved in and apparently there are still some remaining, so he'll be back up there to help with those.  We didn't get there until about 6pm so ended up staying for a lovely dinner and PaPa Bob had time to play with little Lance.  He loves his PaPa !!! When we left, he kept saying "me,too, me too" like he wanted to go with us.  When we told him he had to stay with mommy & daddy so they wouldn't be sad...he stuck out his little pouty lip, got this very sad look on his face and finally said "ok."  

I requested prayer awhile back for my friend Ruth's son David.  David will be having major surgery this coming Tuesday morning, at 7:30am Pacific Daylight time.  They are saying anywhere from 15-18 inches of his colon removed.  They still are not sure about the spots on his liver but will investigate that during the colon surgery.  She also said David (only 51 years old) suggests that everyone over 45 or so, see their doctor about a colonoscopy.  I know I have put it off all these years, but have one scheduled for Novemebr 3rd.   Please remember David and his family Monday night/Tuesday morning.  Thanks and I'll keep you updated. 

Enjoy the pictures, the video and have a wonderful rest of your Sunday.  I have mail to go thru, I need to submit my Avon order, have ironing to do and I need to go fill up my gas tank for the coming week.   Until next time,   Linda

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love all the photos, it looks a magical place! I'm sorry Bob had to cut his holiday short but I'm glad he got to see Holland. The windmill is beautiful and so is little Lance! Have a great Sunday! Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

Oh poor Bob so pleased he's back safe and sound ,with you to keep an eye on him ,and give him some TLC  bless him he got his prioritys right bringing you your present,.,.,Jan xx

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((LINDA)))))))))))))))))))))))))I am glad your son is home and He is ok,He needs to go to the Doctors!!!!!I love the pics.I will be praying for your friend.Have a nice evening.

Anonymous said...

What wonderful photos.  I think we went to that Sunrise Mt. Rainier.  It looked familiar.  Don't know for sure though.  Sorry that Bob had to cut his holiday short hope he is feeling much better.  How sweet he got your windmill for you. Will keep your friend's son in my prayers.  That sounds very major.  
Take care and I hope your Sunday has been a good one.
Barb

Anonymous said...

i've never been to your part of the country....but looking at your pics sure makes me want to!!!  beautiful country....wonderful pics.
gina

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear Bob had to cut his trip short due to illness.  We are able to see the weird craggy peak from our house.  Maybe I'll get DH to go for a ride up there next weekend if we have another nice day.

Anonymous said...

great pictures; Lance is a cutie! Sorry Bob had to cut short his trip, but I don't blame him if he was feeling under the weather.

betty

Anonymous said...

Linda I did enjoy looking at your pictures ~ I watched the video earlier ~ Sorry Bob had to shorten his holiday but he was wise to do so as he felt ill ~ hope everything goes well for David Tuesday will be thinking of him ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

I loved the pictures. So sorry about Bob's trip.  What a bummer!  Hope he's feeling 100% very soon.  Will be praying for your friend's son.  Hope all goes well with his surgery.
Love,  Kathy