Thursday, November 2, 2006

HI THERE...I'M HOME TODAY

It's a little warmer out there this morning, clear up to 42 degrees.  But....the rains came in about 4am so there is a downside to the warmer temperature.  I wish I would have had my camera as I went to work at 6:30 yesterday morning, there was the most beautiful sunrise behind Mt Rainier.  The sky was a beautiful blue and of course pink right behind the dark silhouette of the mountain. I was thankful for a red traffic light so I could have a few moments to take it all in.  Today the mountain won't even be visible, unless you're right up there in the park and even then it might be hidden in the clouds.

I'm warming up my breakfast right now....chicken broth!  You heard me...chicken broth.  I'm home today preparing for a colonoscopy that's scheduled for Friday morning.  I wasn't going to talk about that here but with the recent finding of colon cancer in my friend's son David (age 51) I decided to at least mention it.  This is something I've put off for years and have actually re-scheduled it 3 times this year.  After David's surgery and now chemo therapy treatments I decided I had to to do it no matter how unpleasant.  I'm very sure colon cancer is more unpleasant.  So today I'm on clear liquids, at about 1pm this afternoon I start the Golytely stuff.  I have to drink one 8 ounce glass of that stuff every 15 minutes until it's gone (1 gallon total liquid).  After that I can continue to drink clear liquids until bedtime.  I can also have broth again in the morning  up until two hours before the exam which is scheduled at 8am.   So today I will be here in my house, close to the bathroom, doing whatever I can do.    When I took the prescription to the pharmacy for the prep stuff, the pharmacist got this weird little smile on his face and confessed he has been putting this procedure off for three years.  As I left the pharmacy with my bag of goodies, I told the pharmacist "If I can do it...you can do it!"   He said he'd call Monday morning and schedule his.  I wonder if he did ? 

That's all for now...I've got a load of laundry in the dryer and I'm going to vacuum before I have to start drinking the nasty stuff.    Linda

P.S. What has AOL done to this entry area of our journals?  It has a new look today.....

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I think aol have switched us to Beta.  Good luck with your test.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

good for you on the colonoscopy.  My hubby got one and its just peace of mind when you find out all is well.  Good Luck. :)
http://journals.aol.com/mrsm711/LatteDah/     Tracy

Anonymous said...

Linda I do love pictures of the sky and clouds ~ pity you didn't have your camera with you ~ well done on having the colonoscopy better safe than sorry ~ I wonder if the pharmacist made that appointment ? ~ Why does aol change something that has been working OK ~ would like to know the benefits it has for us ~ if there are any !!!!!! Ally
http://journals.aol.co.uk/ally123130585918/Lifewithally

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda,  I dread the thought of a colonoscopy, but prevention is better than cure.  I hope everything goes well for you.

Hugs

Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean about missing the sunrise.  We had one yesterday that was absolutely perfect.  Of course I didn't have my camera and I was at work.  However, that did not prevent me from watching and taking it all in.  I can only imagine what it would look like with Mt Rainier in the frame.  Thanks for describing it...almost as good as being there.

Greg
http://journals.aol.com/radar446/PhotoTrek/

Anonymous said...

hope all is well.  i know you'll be glad when it's over.
gina

Anonymous said...

I hope the colonoscopy goes well Linda, it's unpleasant but can save your life! Sorry you missed the sunrise with your camera, it's always the way isn't it?! AOL did the R9 update yesterday and converted us all to beta, I'd already gone over to beta the day before. I hope we don't get problems with it! Jeannette xx  http://beta.journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/  

Anonymous said...

The sunrise over Mt Rainier,You sent me a postcard from there so I know where your talking about ,You are a brave girl going for the colonoscopy,well done ,and Ihope all goes well ,.,love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Hope your test goes well...Jae

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((((((((LINDA))))))))))))))))))))I am glad you will be getting it dne.You will be in my prayers.