Monday, November 6, 2006

It's not going to quit soon....

I'm listening to the TV news at noon and they are saying there are 17 rivers in western Washington already flooding or near flood stage.  People are fleeing their homes, rounding up their animals and heading for high ground. And they say the worst is yet to come.  I am so thankful I live in the part of town where I don't really have to worry about it.  Oh there's water standing in my driveway in puddles and I see there's a little water on the side of the roadway out in front but I would be very surprised if it did any damage to my house.  Here's a link to a Seattle TV station for more information.  I'm off to the Post Office....Linda

http://www.komotv.com/

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Linda will be thinking about you and hoping you keep dry and safe ~ glad you live in the part of town and you don't have to worry ~ keep us informed of how things are going ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

Oh no....stay hi and dry....we'll be thinking of ya!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you are not affected personally but pity all the poor devils who are.  Water does so much damage.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

i am glad to hear you are safe!!! i need to check on Jae now.
take care
tina

Anonymous said...

I heard the news...I am already on higher ground, but I remember that year when the Snohomish valley flooded and all of those livestock drowned...it was so sad!  We could sit on the top of the hills and look down to see all those floating cows who couldn't get out before the river flooded...Ihope it doesn't get that bad this time.  Jae

Anonymous said...

Linda ,so pleased you are safe ,I pray you remain so ,keep us posted ....love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're safe Linda, it must be awful for those who had to flee their homes. It was only a few weeks ago that you were saying you needed rain. Jeannette xx  http://beta.journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/