Monday, January 1, 2007

First 2007 Entry

Good Morning,  I hope everyone had a safe and sane New Year's Eve.  I left some comments in several journals, that my drink of choice last night was a big glass of milk with my dinner, a bowl of homemade vegetable soup.  Gabi and I headed to bed about 10pm and I read for awhile and then turned out the light.  I did wake up around midnight because of all the fireworks people were shooting off.  I was too tired to even get up and look out at their activity.  Next thing I knew it was 7 o'clock this morning...a new day and a new year.   A new opportunity to make changes in our lives, an opportunity to wipe the 2006 slate clean and start over.  A time to remember to write a new year on those checks as you make them out for your bills in the coming weeks (I will sit down sometime today and write 2007 ahead on checks, until it sinks in) and the day to get out your new calendars. I have my new Australia calendar here by computer thanks to my dear friends Harry & Helen in Adelaide, South Australia. I also bought an Alaska calendar so have that hanging in my bathroom (yes, I put calendars in the bathrooms). And a light house calendar in the kitchen.  I started the new year off  by doing laundry...I'm telling you...I lead an exciting life here in my corner of the world.  Later, I'll go out in the car and deliver an Avon order and then back home.  My 5 days off are almost over...it's back to work at 7am Tuesday morning.  Although, I do just work two days again this week...so will have another 4 days off after Wednesday.  But then the 8th of January it's back to a regular work week.

Best wishes to all my Journal friends for a happy, healthy and successful new year.

Until next time,  Linda

 

 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh linda back to work tomorrow I hope it all goes well ,and you have a good day ,Oh yes new calendars I'd forgotten ,Have  a really good new year ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

You are so together it amazes me...I think I will steal your idea to pre date the checks with the right year!  I am SO bad at that!  For months! Jae

Anonymous said...

Back to work for me tommorrow as well.  Glad I am not the only person in England that was in bed at 10 o'clock last night!
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/

Anonymous said...

Wish I could ammend that, you are in the US of A...but never mind we were both in bed by 10 last night anyways, lol
Marie

Anonymous said...

A new day & a new year!  :)
Hugs,
Sugar

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you and Gabi :-)

Anonymous said...

Happy new Years to you and Gabi.
I did laundry today too. My husband asked if I was sure I wanted to do that because of the old saying that what you do new years day you do all year. I said I am pretty sure I'll be doing laundry all year no matter when I do the first loads.
Barbara

Anonymous said...

I like your idea of writing 2007 on your checks ahead of time.  I am going to do that too.   Hope you are having some good weather now.  Just reading some of your weather reports makes me shiver.  Happy New Year to you and your pretty Gabi.

Anonymous said...

Happy new year Linda and Gabi! I should have done laundry today but just never got round to it, what with having to go to work and visit a friend it went further and further down the list! I hope the new year brings you calmer weather than you've had of late! Jeannette xx