Finally........ today I received another check (the first check was $1,200 off) for the replacement porch roof. The insurance company felt the estimates were too high. They are headquartered in Grand Rapids, Michigan and like I explained to the adjuster back there, that perhaps material and labor costs could be different between here and there. They still shorted me $200 (on top of my deductible) but I'm not going to quibble over $200. I'll just scrounge it up somewhere. I was talking to a co-worker today and telling her I was having trouble getting them to agree on the estimate..they thought it was too high. We were wondering what would happen if.... when my next payment was due on my home owner's insurance, I wrote them a note and said I thought the premium was too high so I was sending in what I thought was a fair amount. Hmmmm......
I've called and left a message for the one company that I want to do the work and hopefully they'll get back to me soon. Meanwhile, the rain continues and tonight they are predicting wind and rain turning to snow and ice before morning...so it will be ugly in the morning if all that happens. I have to just be patient and wait for a new and improved roof, I know it will be worth the wait. It will be fun to have it done and get my outdoor furniture back in place once again.
It's been pleasant here the last couple days...no rain, very little wind but this afternoon about 1pm....it started. Before I left work we had strong wind, rain that turned to sleet for awhile, pounding on the office windows. But then the rain let up long enough for me to run a couple errands after work and get home without getting drenched. So that was good.
I hope everyone is doing well so far this week..tomorrow is Wednesday and then it's downhill to the weekend. I always look forward to the weekends. :)
Until next time....Linda