Thursday, January 4, 2007

Thursday Evening

Thank you all for your birthday wishes...and I also got so many emails and phone calls.  And when I got home this afternoon, there were 7 messages in my voice mail (wow, that's a record!).  But none from the people I work with other than dear Susan (who was also home today). I printed out all the emails and saved all the voice mails......

I had a doctor's appointment this morning, had to show the Medicare card...yuk!  Then friend Bob met me, driving the borrowed car and we took it back to Lynnette in Federal Way. It was good to visit with her for a few minutes.  When she walked me out to my car, Bob said "well....where do you want to go for a birthday lunch?"  I'd already told Lynnette where I wanted to go and that he'd probably not want to go there. But I gave it a try and he agreed....so off we went to the Rain Forest Cafe in the South Center Mall near Seattle-Tacoma Airport.  I've been in the gift shop of the Rain Forest Cafe down in Anaheim, CA at Downtown Disney but didn't eat there.  Let me tell you, if you have one near you (there's even one in London) it's a little spendy but what an experience!  It's great !  And the food was good !  I will definitely get back there again someday.

I got one great email today from my former co-worker and friend Pat. (We worked together at the big Oldsmobile dealership here in town back in the mid 1960's). She had uncovered a bunch of old pictures that were taken at different occasions at the dealership  (38-39 years ago mind you) and she sent them to me along with birthday greetings too.  I've printed out the pictures and will keep them in my album.   Thanks again Pat!  I love those pictures.  (She told me she reads my journal but didn't realize she could leave comments)

Tomorrow early afternoon, Barb and I are going to a movie and my brother and sister in law are coming by later in the day to take me to dinner.  I woke up this morning really depressed about turning 65....but as the day wore on...I've come to terms with the fact that there's nothing I can do about it, so I might as well accept the fact.  It's funny too, because 30, 40, 50 or even 60 didn't bother me....but 65....WOW !  That seems to be different.

Thanks again to Barbara in Texas for the sweet song this morning and thanks to all of for your birthday wishes.   Until next time.......little old lady Linda

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

got the news just now..Happy Birthday!
Gem :-)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday again and don't forget you have lots of company being 65 and remember the alternaive, Hah!  Also remember I work at the Barnes & Noble right by Southcenter so if you're ever by there again stop by and see if I'm working.
Glad you had a good day, Joni.

Anonymous said...

I am glad you had a good birthday with friends...Jae

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a happy birthday Linda and enjoyed your meal! Sixty five isn't old, we're all much younger in the mind these days! Have a good weekend. Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

Linda I am so glad you had such a good Birthday with lots of cards and messages ~ and glad you enjoyed your Birthday lunch ~ would like to see some of those old photographs ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

Im so pleased you had a good birthday dear ,and enjoyed your meal ,I shall be 66 next month and that seems worse somehow ,but hey we cant do anything about it so !.....love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Nice to hear you had such a great day, and: the first person to get any younger as the years go by is yet to be born.

Anonymous said...

Linda I am so glad that you enjoyed the pictures.  Also thanks for the phone call, I really enjoyed the trip down memory lane.  And I know that this is going to be a great year for you!!!!  Take care, Pat

Anonymous said...

well...you know the saying, 'birthdays...better than the alternatives'  :)  at least you have a bright promise of a wonderful future with our Lord!
we have a rainforest cafe in nashville, too.  i have a sweatshirt!  :)
gina

Anonymous said...

I love the China Island Chicken Salad at the RAINFOREST Cafe!  Glad you had a nice time.