Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Tuesday Evening

It took 56 minutes to get to work this morning...normally a 20-25 minute drive. I was 20 minutes late...but what could I do?  I left early and was still late.  I got stuck behind one accident and because of the terrible road conditions and the heavy snow falling, I don't think my speed ever went over 25 mph. This snow was very wet snow...great for snowmen and snow balls.  This afternoon when I left the office it was very slushy.  The weather people are saying the temperatures are going to drop below the freezing point tonight, so tomorrow we all may encounter black ice for our commute.  Even my 4-wheel drive doesn't help on that stuff.  The schools were closed again today...this is the 6th day because of the weather, so far this winter.  That means they will have to make up those school days at the end of the school year in June.

We are registering for several upcoming seminars right now and I've talked to many teachers the last few days.  One gal that I talked to today said her husband is also a teacher and they've been keeping busy cleaning closets, etc. In other words...they are doing their spring cleaning in January. But for working parents who have to find day care for young school age children, the whole thing is becoming a real pain. And no doubt the kids are getting bored also...I mean really, how many snow ball fights can you have ?

My precious son took me to a delayed birthday dinner tonight. He's been working long hours and then I was busy a couple other times, so tonight we were finally able to get together for dinner. It was enjoyable spending some time with him over some yummy enchiladas at a local Mexican restaurant. And I had some left overs which will be good warmed up for lunch tomorrow.

Well, that's all for now....there are dishes in the sink calling my name.  They want to be washed, dried and put away. 

Until next time, Linda  

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I played hookey today.  Floyd has been so good taking me every day but today we just thought it was better to stay home.  Don't think the store liked it too much, they can't see the conditions in my neighborhood.  We will try to make it tomorrow, I start at 11:00, so it may be kind of slushy by then, I hope.  Glad you made it okay and had a nice dinner with your son, sounds good.

Anonymous said...

Why aren't there snow days for grownups.  I believe it got up to about 30 today. I finally ventured out. It was OK.   You be careful, take it real easy and stay warm & safe.
Still chilly in TX, Barb  

Anonymous said...

Linda your work place were lucky that you got there at all in that weather ~ Glad you enjoyed having dinner out with your son ~ hope your weather improves and Drive carefully ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

How awful for you ,but then better late than never ,so pleased you had a nice dimnner with your son ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I know I'm a day behind (also due to time difference), but hope today was not as bad on the roads, Linda.

Anonymous said...

girl...i don't even know how to drive in the snow....i've had more than one fender bender or found myself doing a 180degree turn with previous attempts!  you are safe and thats what matters most.
gina