Monday, February 19, 2007

MONDAY MORNING QUESTION

From Krissy at: http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink/

         

If you were invited to a dinner party, and could choose who you were going to sit next to, which one of the following persons would you choose, knowing that you would have a chance to talk about their occupation with them?  A general in the army, a dentist, a phlebotomist, a medical social worker, a campaign manager, a doctor, a nurse, a teacher, an astronaut, a daycare owner, a garbage collector, an engineer, a pilot, or a priest. 

If there is somebody that you would really rather choose that is not on the list, feel free to make your own choice.  Or pick two answers.  Anything goes!  Have fun, Krissy :)

I'm going to pick two also.  And I'm going to pick two unlikely ones.....a garbage collector and a daycare owner. 

The reason ?  Because I know these two people have seen the world from a perspective that most people don't see it.   I'm sure there's a lot of things you can tell about people when you have access to their garbage.  And I did daycare for a couple years back in the 1970's and I know for a fact there are things you find out when you care for other people's children !!! 

Those are my answers for Krissy's Monday Morning Questions.

It's cold and rainy here again today and the weather man said there will be at least 12 inches of snow in the mountain passes.  The freezing level is down to 2,500 feet.  So I'm glad I don't have to go to eastern Washington in the next few days.

Happy President's Day and for those of you across the pond...have a good Monday!     Linda

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good choice Linda! I spent twenty two years married to a garbage collector so I'd opt out of that one! I chose the astronaut, I love astrnomy and it would be so interesting to hear about places out of this world! Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/  

Anonymous said...

I like your answers--the reasons why you chose those particular occupations made a lot of sense.  I chose teacher or dentist and almost chose priest and then had second thoughts about the priest.  Teacher because education and the way to educate someone are priceless.  Dentist because I would ask them what motivated them to become a dentist and really, how can they charge so much money for the work they do.  

Anonymous said...

Good answers!  I think a social worker & a priest. I'm sure they'd be fascinating. But you know...everyone has a story.  I really wouldn't care who I sat beside :o)
Have a good week. Barb