Saturday, March 24, 2007

The Lost Has Been Found

I was prepared to go over to my son's apartment and kick the door in...really I was.  Of course, first I would have made a couple phone calls and checked his work place.  As it was..he is working today, then going with his girl friend to the ballet up in Seattle.  (Wish I could be a fly on the wall to see that).   Anyway, he's more than happy so watch over my little Gabi and he may even stay here from time to time. (He only has Basic Cable & I have a little more, plus if he's here..he's not running up his light bill by turning on his heat)  He's going to come over Sunday, to go over her routine with me.  I had to remind him that she's not his Tuffy (the beautiful Siamese that he had for years until he died two years ago from diabetes complications), he can't rough house with Gabi, like he did Tuffy.....she's not used to that and besides she's a delicate little flower.

My darling daughter sent me the following for all the men out there.

A Spring Cleaning Cheat Sheet...For Men.

* Broom (brum) - a long handled brush used for sweeping (also doubles as a mode of transportation for your mother)

* Vacuum (vak' u em) - much like the leaf blower except it sucks in, instead of blowing out. Don't let this alarm you. It isn't broken and doesn't need more torque, speed, RAM or whatever it is you did to the dishwasher.

* Dust pan (DUH) - Contrary to popular belief, this is where you sweep the dirt, not under the hallway area rug.

* Dust Cloth (dust kloth) - A cloth designated for removing tiny particles of dirt from every flat surface of the house. Hint: look for your old "lucky shirt".

* Bucket (buk' it)- Cylindric container used for holding soapy water when mopping the floor. Also known as your mid-evil knight helmet when you're playing with our seven-year-old.

* Mop - (mop) a bundle of coarse yarn, rags or cloth fastened at the end of a stick. You'll remember this as your dance partner at the New Year's Eve party last year.

* Toilet Brush (toi' lit brush) - Used for scrubbing the inside of the toilet bowl. I don't care what this looks like, you may NOT use my shower luffa again!

* Oven Cleaner (uv' en Klen' er) - No, not the teenager. This is an actually product that you buy, spray in the oven and wipe out two hours later. You won't need your welder's mask for this task, but if it makes you feel more dangerous & manly, go ahead.

* Sponge (spunj) - used to gently wash away food particles from dinnerware. It won't be necessary to use your 300psi Power wash set. That was given to you in hopes of cleaning the EXTERIOR of the house (hint hint).

* Squeegee (skwe' je) - Same principle as washing the car windshield, and yes, real men DO squeegee!

Final Note:
While Duct tape may be a wonderful plumbers aid, it's really not the best solution for keeping the bathroom towels in place, and Jamie's teacher is still asking why his homework was stuck to his forehead last week. For these reasons, I have hidden the duct tape and distributed your picture to the local hardware stores. Don't make me call Duct Tape Anonymous again

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didnt think he was lost, cos he knew where he was ! Im so pleased he is still coming to cat sit now you can settle down to your packing with out worrying what would happen to Gabby ,love the joke lol ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Good to hear arrangements are in place, Linda. Have a good trip - I knew about the household implements - I think....

Anonymous said...

I am sure you are very relieved to know Gabi will be well taken care of!  Love the cheat sheet!  Jae

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your time away.  I'm sure your baby girl will be just fine although I know she will miss you, too.  
Hugs,  Kathy

Anonymous said...

Glad you found your son and he's okay.  You are so lucky to be getting away this rain is driving me nuts.  I've been out in it for 2 days and feel like a drowned rat!  And I have one more day to go.  Enjoy yourself and keep in touch if you can.
Joni

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your away time.      LOL The spring cleaning cheat sheet for men was funny.
     

Anonymous said...

Gabi is going to miss you. LOL on the list!  Be careful and have a good trip! xox Barbara

Anonymous said...

Lovely picture of you and Gabi ~ glad all arrangements made so you can now go off and enjoy your holiday ~ Laughed at "A Spring Cleaning Cheat Sheet....For men" that was funny :o) ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

Thank you for coming to visit my journal and your encouraging words.  You just confirmed all that I pray for and all that God has shown me.  I feel a little more hopeful today because of your encouragement.  I know I am doing all I can and I most certainly know that God is watching over my child.  We are in agreement on prayer for this situation.  I will be back to visit your journal as I have seen something in you that makes me want to know you better.  God bless.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you got in touch with your son eventually Linda, I hope Gabi is OK while you're gone, she'll probably sleep the whole time! Loved the spring cleaning cheat for men! Lol! Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/