Monday, June 11, 2007

MONDAY PHOTO SHOOT #2

Your Monday Photo Shoot: In Flight from John


We've got some fine, summery skies here these last few days, which inspired this week's Photo Shoot:

Your Monday Photo Shoot: Capture something in flight. Birds, insects, planes, bats, whatever -- if it's getting around in the skies, it's fair game for this photo shoot.

When I did my original entry this morning, I forgot about the fact that I live one and half miles from the end of the local Air Force Base runway.  There are planes of all sizes flying in and out of that airfield everyday and during the night at times, right over the top of my house.  After over five years of living here, at times I don't even hear them and other times they are very noticeable.   Don't get me wrong.... I don't mind...they are working hard to protect our country.  

I'm off to make a couple strawberry-rhubarb pies.     Linda

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lol Linda! How could you forget you live one and a half miles from the end of an air force runway?!! I love watching planes taking off. It always amazes me how they manage to get up in the air with all that weight. It even amazes me that they manage to take off with the amount of luggage I take on holiday! Lol! Great picture! Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/  

Anonymous said...

WOW!  Great shot!  I grew up on air bases.  The sound of jets flying over head and breaking the sound barrier was really common when I was a child. I kind of miss it!
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/

Anonymous said...

before the days of airport security, we used to lay on the ground at the end of the runways and watch the planes take off right over us. The fun thing was to scream as loud as you can because you couldn't hear it.
Marti

Anonymous said...

We used to live near the airport and I loved seeing the planes taking off and landing ~ funny how you get used to the noise ~ Lovely picture ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

Must be noisy.  I guess you get used to it.  I'm near a train station.  I got used to that (it justcame past and tooted as I typed! LOL).  What a great photo!  Strawberry-rhubarb pies...mmmmmm.... LOL  Take care, love xox
http://journals.aol.com/valphish/ThereisaSeason

Anonymous said...

Blimey! I thought we had them close to us but they're nowhere near as close as that - thankfully!
B. x
http://journals.aol.co.uk/oddb0dkins/WaffleandWhinge/#Entry1433

Anonymous said...

Great Pic!

Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Another great choice! We have trains go by our house... but growing up Navy, I don't notice the planes so much either....
Linda :)