Wednesday, November 21, 2007

What A Shame !

It seems today the chat room, turned into an XXX rated mess.  A bunch of filthy mouthed people hogging up the room all day.  It seems to me they could take it somewhere else.  One guy was even advertising homosexual acts across the bottom of his image.   He's been reported !   Another young "lady" called me a "B_____" because I asked them to please clean it up.  She's been reported !  It makes me very sad that this has happened.  It was so much fun chatting with my journal friends....

This afternoon my son, his girl friend & myself are off to my brother and sister in law's for an early Thanksgiving dinner. One of their daughter's has to work on Thursday so we're just celebrating a little early. My contribution is a pumpkin pie, which is funny, because I don't even like it.  But I bought a frozen one at the store and baked it and hope my brother made one of his famous apple pies.

It was just a year ago on Thanksgiving day, that my son got in that awful car accident driving to my brother's place for Thanksgiving dinner.  I spent the afternoon and evening in the Emergency Room with him, and took him home after he was patched up.  I think today, I'll be driving over to my brother's and he'll just be riding along. http://journals.aol.com/lsfp1960/LindasWorld/entries/2006/11/24/im-still-thankful......./1292

 Bob is involved in a project, fixing an area of his camper that he found to be wearing thin.  So he's not going to join us.  We'll be going to his daughter & son in law's place on Thursday, for dinner there.  

Have a wonderful evening and I'll check into the chat room later tonight when I get home, to see if some housecleaning has been done.    Linda

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I left there tonight because of it.  I blame AOL because this was supposed to be just for journallers.  However, I was in this morning and talked to some wonderful people and found new journals.  Alas there was no administrator in the room but I know Guido said they had been reported.  Trouble is with Thanksgiving I do not think anything will get done right away.  I have written personally to an admin saying we need rules and guidelines for this room and also an admin in there all the time for a while.  Such a shame that people have to spoil things for others.  But the abusers will not be there all the time, I will still go in and check every day.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((((HUGSTYOU))))))))))))))))))))That is so sad about the chat room.I hate it when that happends.Have a nice evneing.

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean Linda, I have just left ,its ok now the people who were causing the trouble are now gone ,but its getting late now so I,ve called it a day ,gosh is that a year since your son had his accident ,have a lovely day tomorrow ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

i have never cared for chat rooms, but know they are very popular.  i hope that aol won't allow this type of behavior to continue because it ruins it for all!  what a shame!  happy thanksgiving!
gina

Anonymous said...

We could make a CLEAN chat room for those here who wanted to go chat without interruption from the crazy's out there!  It can be made private and you only add those who would like to join.  It's something that the giving tree just started up as well.  It's yahoo groups and you simply need to set up a free yahoo id and join.  There has to be a moderator who can decide who will join and who wont.  I know it's much easier here BUT it may be worth the change.  

Anonymous said...

That's terrible, I was only in there once, but it was fun.  Happy Thanksgiving!  Joni

Anonymous said...

Although not there I added a complaint and we talked to Malika(admin) it just spoils everything for those who actually want to chat.

Have a great day

Yasmin(Cayasm)

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Linda.  Hope you had a wonderful time.  Isn't it sad that chat rooms seem to fall to the lowest level.  I'm surprised that the Journal chat has gone that way.  Journalers, I had hoped, would take the high road and just have fun chatting with each other.

Take care.
Hugs, Kathy

Anonymous said...

That's so typical that nasty people have to come along and spoil what's essentially a good thing for people.  I have not managed to find anyone in the chat room yet, but then I am probably on at the wrong times!  I hope you had a wonderful dinner at your brother's. I'm so glad that your son survived his accident. Just another one of life's blessings to be thankful for.  I will click on the link after I finish commenting to read about it.  Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours Linda.  
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/

Anonymous said...

Wow.. that is ashamed about the dirty people in chat. That is one reason I never go to the AOL chat rooms period. They are all that way. Then they get your s/n and start harassing you by email. Glad everything turned out well for your son and yes just let him ride this time.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!
Take care, Chrissie

Anonymous said...

Linda that is sad about the chat room ~ I went in for a short time when it first started and it was great fun talking to the people whose journals we follow ~ Hope aol will be able to do something to keep it clean ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

Funny you should mention the chat room - I popped in as well during the afternoon and thought it was foul.  I left in a hurry.  I don't like someone calling you a name like that ~ you don't deserve that.  
Lisa