Friday, January 25, 2008

Another Great Movie

We watched another great movie tonight, based on a true story...the movie is called "Radio" (2003).

"A small-town high school football coach (Ed Harris) befriends an illiterate, developmentally disabled man (Cuba Gooding Jr) nicknamed "Radio," who has always been the target of jokes and teasing.  Although their friendship raises eyebrows at first, Radio's growth under the coach's guidance ultimately inspires the local townsfolk.  This film is based on the true story of the life of James Robert Kennedy."

This film was excellent~another one suitable for the whole family.   Running time is 1 hour and 49 minutes. 

It's almost midnight and the temerature is down to 21 degrees again.  The electric blanket is on and is calling to me.      Until next time.......Linda

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for another movie recommendation Linda!  This one sounds very good.  Nighty Night, sleep tight!
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/

Anonymous said...

I had never heard of that film but I shall definitely try to view it now.  Thank you for the write-up about it.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((((LINDA)))))))))))))))))Never heard of the movie,glad you iked it.Have a nice weekend.

Anonymous said...

I never saw that one, sounds good though! -Missy

Anonymous said...

OH yes that show as awesome!  I loved it.  It was a little sad at times tho so I had to keep the Kleenex close lol.

Anonymous said...

I liked that movie too!! Have you seen We are Marshall? I can't remember if that is the name of it or not but its about a football team in North Carolina I think. I don't want to give too much away about it; but it was very good

betty

Anonymous said...

I'll have to keep that in mind when we start watching movies again.  Stay cozy.  Joni

Anonymous said...

I have watched the movie Radi several times, I truly enjoyed it.  Is a lovely movie for the whole family and really gives a beautiful message.

Anonymous said...

That is a great movie!  J

Anonymous said...

We love that movie, I even bought it for Michael when he was gone this last time and had some free time in his room.  I cry every time I watch it...some movies I can watch over and over and Radio is one of them.  Another great movie with Cuba is "Men of Honor"  that one gets me every time!

Anonymous said...

Yes I've heard of that movie, but have not seen it. I will add it to my NetFlix list. Thanks for recommendation Linda.

Anonymous said...

I'll have to check the movie out on your recommend. Thanks for the heads up hon! (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

Yes, this is an excellent move.  We use our electric blanket every night too - the cats just love it.  We have to fight them for the bed..LOL
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Another one to look out for ,thanks ...love Jan xx