Monday, February 4, 2008

A New Week

Happy Monday....this is going to be a busy week.  Today I have an appointment to get my taxes done and a quick doctor's appointment to get new prescriptions for the year.  I've been going thru my summer type clothes & have some out, hanging on a rack to load into the camper later in the week. Of course there's sweat shirts, and cold weather clothes too.   Also setting out other things I don't want to forget, like sunscreen, my decaf coffee bags, tea bags ( a lot of places don't have the teas I drink) oh the list goes on and on.  We have to take a carry-on or something small along with the garment bag for the 4 night cruise, the first of March.  So we're actually planning & packing for two different adventures.  (Note to self~don't forget your Passport)

In looking at the weather around the country in this morning's paper I see it's supposed to be 59 degrees in the Los Angeles area  today and 37 degrees around Reno.  We'll be just north of Reno in Carson City, so I think it's going to be cold there,too. So as you can see, I'm taking cold & hot weather clothes.  I did go get a couple more pair of jeans the other day...so I should be ok.

I'm going to have to start turning off alerts as the week progresses. I will have my lap top with me, but will only be able to use it where there is wireless capability.  Last year there was a cafe at the Northstar Ski Resort where I could use it...but at that point my laptop wasn't working.  I have a new battery in it and am hoping that will do the trick.  (Note to self~plug in laptop to charge battery).   I have two memory cards for my camera that are MIA.  There's one in the camera now but can't remember where I put the other two.  I don't want to have to go buy another one but I may have to.  Anyway, I hope you all understand, my visits to your journals may be limited this week.

No special reason for the picture I posted toady, except when I saw it I remembered someone in JLand recently complaining about her husband leaving the seat up, all of a sudden, when normally he always remembered to put it down.

Well...that's all for now, I hope everyone is having a good day, Linda

 

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

How exciting ,to be running down your to do list and dont forget your passport lol ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Have a good trip Linda, look forward to the photos.

Take care

Yasmin
xx

Anonymous said...

LOL Linda "Don't forget your Passport" ~ loved the cartoon very funny ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

Oh, have fun!!  We have a mini trip planned to The Hideway Ranch and Retreat the second weekend in March.  Lots of friends going along.  I am looking for my suitcase, my mosica tools, and a few fun chick-flicks so the gals and I can have a pj party Saturday morning while the guys cook!
debbie

Anonymous said...

Love that cartoon!  I'm so excited to see those pics when you get back...it won't be the same without ya here!  Have a great trip!  

Anonymous said...

So don't forget your passport, don't forget to plug in the laptop and don't forget to take a break every now and again, Linda

Anonymous said...

The cartoon is cute.  You are quite the busy bee aren't you!!  Take a deep breath and relax or else you will end up forgetting everything.  I hope your doc appointment goes well.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Love the cartoon Linda, one of these days that will be me...lol!  I hope you have a wonderful time on the cruise. :o)

Love Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

If it were me going off on holiday and on a cruise I would need a trawler to tug along behind.  Lol!   I would want to take everything but the kitchen sink. hahahahaha!
Good luck with your packing and have fun on your holiday.
Hugs
Jeanie xxx

Anonymous said...

Linda, have great trips. Sounds like fun to me. Enjoy, Bill

Anonymous said...

Hey don't forget your cell phone and charger, so I can call you and see how the pass is, or you can call me.  I still have some stuff packed from when we left before, just need to pack my warm stuff again.  Joni

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are getting everything together. Again, don't forget the passport lol! Hope you have a wonderful time. -Missy

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((LINDA)))))))))))))))))I hate packing for a trip.You never know what to take.Tommrow here in Maryland,the weather is susposed to be in the 70s.I cant wait.Have a nice night.

Anonymous said...

enjoy!! we're supposed to get warm weather later this week, around 72 for the high and I'm about 1 hour from LA.

betty

Anonymous said...

Evening My Friend,

Yes I thought how great that would be if we ended up on the same boat...I guess it is a ship.
We leave from LA on the 20th. at 4 PM.   My hubby is one of those people that likes to be prepared so we will head down by Air Canada the day before.
My daughter who has already been on cruises was telling me that what I can have on my carry-on bag on the plane and I think it was so many ounces of liquid...so therefore much of things like hair products etc. etc. will have to go in the other bags.  
She also suggested to mix up things and not put all one type of clothing in a bag in case they got lost a day or longer.
I am starting to get excited but also a wee bit of anxiousness so I am glad there is little time to think about it...AND that I found my passport which fortunately I did not throw out as it was in between pages and I have NO idea how it got there.
I am an avid tea drinker so I am curious what type you like that you can not always find...unless it is like me.  My hubby cringes when I pull out my "DECAF" orange pekoe tea as NO ONE ever has it.  NO I do not want herbal, that is no even tea...ha ha.
Well my friend I have been playing around to long now on the computer so will say goodnight.

Blessings,

Lori

Anonymous said...

One of the first thing brides have to learn is to teach ALWAYS PUT THE LID DOWN  ha ha

Love Lori