Monday, June 23, 2008

Monday Morning Question


       
Have you been approached by a campaign worker, either paid or unpaid, about the Presidential race yet?  I'm not talking about the primaries, but the general election.  As in, have you been contacted by anybody from the Obama or McCain Camp (asking who you were voting for, or giving you information about their candidate)?   

Sorry, that this question leaves out the people in countries other then America.  I don't mean to be so AmericaCentric, but I really want to know the answer to this question!

My answer:  Yes, I had two people come to my door representing one of the presidential nominees.  I don't even know if they were for Obama or McCain.  I was in my pajamas.  I asked them to please leave, they continued.  I asked them to leave again, they finally left.  Gee wiz.

John had somebody call him on the phone from the NRA.  

What's your answer?  Has anybody contacted you yet regarding the upcoming presidential election?

*****This is not a forum to say who you are voting for!  It is merely to see if the campaigning has started yet!  I would never ask you who you were voting for!

Krissy at "Sometimes I Think."

 

My answer is no...not yet.  I had so many calls a couple months ago...it almost drove me nuts.  I finally asked all of them to remove my name from their lists permanently.  So there have been no more calls.   And here in the mobile home park where I live, there are signs posted at the main gate and the back gate stating that no solicitors of any kind are welcome.  So I haven't been bombarded at the door either.  And that my friends.........is a good thing. 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting, I didn't even know they went door to door.  
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I haven't been called or had anyone come to my door.
Traci

Anonymous said...

I had to laugh at this question. I use to work in politics and this was one of the things I did! LOL
Kelli\
http://journals.aol.com/kamdghwmw/noonmom

Anonymous said...

surprisingly I havent heard anything yet....hugs, Christine

Anonymous said...

good thing you have the privacy of the trailer court with no solicitations of any kind!! I fear it will feel like a long campaign with lots of mud-slinging; hoping its not

betty

Anonymous said...

Right now I am cracking up at Lisa's answer down there, Linda.  She didn't know they go door to door?  Well I just looked at her blog, b/c I forgot how much land she had.  I think she said 230 something acres.  I guess the campaigners wouldn't go door to door near her house if each person has 230 acres of land.  Their legs would get tired or their gas would run out!  At any rate, Linda, you did a "no call" to the campaigns?  Wow!  OKay, take care and love you,

Krissy :)
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink  

Anonymous said...

I havnt and hope not too

Anonymous said...

We get door to door campaigners over here too. When they ask who I'm going to vote for I always remind them that we have a secret ballot and nobody is entitled to ask that question. Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

Solicitors know better than to knock at my door. I guess the Jehova's Witnesses shooting my have forewarned them.

Jimmy