Saturday, July 12, 2008

Our 4th of July~Finally

I did get my computer back Friday evening. I'm having some issues...the printer won't work and the only way I could download pictures was to put my memory card into the printer/scanner.  It wouldn't work by attaching the cord from the printer to the camera.  And I'm getting an error message on one of the programs they loaded.  Apparently AOL's virus protection leaves a lot of garbage behind so they cleaned that all out and installed Nod32 anti virus protection.   It will take awhile to get used to the regular keyboard and monitor, again.  My entire laptop is not much bigger than this LCD monitor of mine.  When I first powered it up & the AOL Welcome screen came up, I wanted to move back about 15 feet...everything was so big.   I actually got a headache after about 15 minutes so I turned it off for the night.

I've included some pictures from our 4th of July day & evening.  Linda

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

It doesn't matter what you do with a computer Linda, it always involves lots of trials, tribulations and headaches!!!  Loved the pictures of your 4th celebrations.  What a lovely looking girl Meghan is!
Marie
http://ayearatoakcottage.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I loved your pics!!  Happy Birthday to Meghanne, she is really very pretty, she's got such a sincere & happy smile!!

Joann

Anonymous said...

Great pics!  TY for sharing.
Hate to hear you're having such trouble with using the computer, call & have them fix the issues for you.
When I unhook mine & rehook everything is large too, but Gdtr came down & fixed that in a couple mins.
Hugs,
Sugar

Anonymous said...

Shes a very pretty girl but she looks more like 20...lol

Anonymous said...

Cool pics!
I thought Meghanne was a grown woman (like married with kids or something)!  Didn't realize it was grand daughter Meghanne!
So, did you finally have an elephant ear?  I have never had one, either.
We are always "Warm" at work; even in kennel room A...one of my fav's, too.
J

Anonymous said...

great shots... thanks... I'd love to get some tall ship pictures.. I love 'em!!!!
hugs
d

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures, it is so beautiful there.  I have never been on an Amtrack before...have you?

Anonymous said...

great pictures now tell what is an elephant ear?

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you got your computer back!
Kelli
http://journals.aol.com/kamdghwmw/noonmom

Anonymous said...

Great pictures Linda.  Glad you got your computer back.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

Was life Easier when we didn't have computers? Something is always not working right.  My printer is not taking the paper.  Gotta keep my cool and work on it.  Elephant ears are so good.  Real light pastry, the kind that crumbs all over your shirt when you bite it.  We call the smaller ones Pigs Ears. Enjoy your weekend.              Marlene

Anonymous said...

great pictures, your grand daugter is beautiful.
Barbara

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed the photographs and now wished I had spent part of the day at the Freedom Fair.  I was determined to get my work done first and I did before we had to leave for the "sailing".  Next year I'll have to go down there for sure.

Monica

Anonymous said...

Linda loved your pictures ~ almost felt I was there with you ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed your pics, it looks like such a terrific place to see fireworks.  I love boats & water.  That fire truck looks more like a hotrod!
Lisa

Anonymous said...

great pics TY for sharing. take care mrs t xx

Anonymous said...

What a great place to go for the fourth of July and to enjoy a birthday!!
Linda :)