Thursday, November 6, 2008

The Pineapple Express......

.........has come to western Washington. It's rained cats & dogs all day and the temperature is hovering just under 60*. I got wet taking the garbage can out to the curb, so came in and lit a fire in the wood stove and now it's a little warm in here.

I almost pruned my roses way down the other day and now I'm glad I didn't. Pruning them now & then having this warmer temperature would only stimulate new growth. Then when & if it freezes, they could be damaged. The last blooms have turn to hips but I think I'll wait to do the winter pruning until after our first freeze. At least I'm getting to enjoy my beautiful hanging baskets as long as it stays warm like this. They are all still blooming nicely.

I think I'm going to create a "travel" journal (oops BLOG) for story & pictures from our trip. I have downloaded all the pictures so maybe tomorrow I can get started on it.

Well, that's all for now....I'm going to go make some popcorn because"The Office" is about to start and I don't want to miss a minute of it.

Until next time........Linda

11 comments:

Beth said...

How did you like the tiny Bluetooth on "The Office?" Dwight's paranoia was hilarious!

Maria said...

Hi, Linda, unlike you I decided to prune most of my rosebushes over the weekend inbetween the showers....then realized that maybe I was too early! I hope they do ok...I love roses...I only had five in the back that I pruned but they were looking pretty spindly already. I left the one in the front alone because it had so much green on it anyways. We'll have to compare notes in the spring....:)

betty said...

the travel journal/blog sounds like a wonderful idea!!! I have not watched the Office, but I do hear wonderful things about it; maybe after we finish "Lost"; we'll move to that one

enjoy your evening :)

betty

Marie Rayner said...

I have always really enjoyed our version of The Office over here. That Ricky Gervais is a comic genius!

Monica said...

I hope you didn't have to get out and drive in this weather! It was CRAZY out there! I was so stressed by the time I got back home that I fell on the sofa and fell asleep.

We haven't pruned our roses yet ... mostly because we've still been behind on our wedding stuff and need to catch up with that first. Sonny will most likely wait for the first freeze before doing anything.

Monica

Ally Lifewithally said...

"Travel Journal/Blog" sounds like a good idea Linda ~ look forward to seeing it ~ havn't pruned the Roses yet don't normally do it until Jan/Feb ~ do not know if that is the right time but they always seem to bloom nicely :o) ~ Ally x

Joan said...

Our hanging baskets have just gone over this week so its time now to clear away but it has been nice having them so long. Love Joan

garnett109 said...

Ungodly warm for november it'll be 68 in pa today.

Alice said...

Hi Linda. We are having nice warm weather, too. I've never watched "The Office" but maybe I'll check it out. The travel blog is a good idea :).........

Yasmin said...

I like the idea of a travel blog, much easier to keep a record of holidays etc. Our wether has been gloomy too, and cold, I'm also a big fan of The Office" although I've not seen the US version.

Take care

Yasmin
xx

Linda :) said...

I'm eager to start trimming my roses too but they are still blooming... and I can write blog with no trouble, lol, but I can't say it, just doesn't sound right...