Wednesday, January 21, 2009

It Just Won't Work

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, will prove the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
~~~ The late Dr. Adrian Rogers , 1931 to 2005 ~~~

9 comments:

garnett109 said...

Great post,your right but it be fun watching.

ADB said...

In Europe, people who are unable to work will be sustained through social security contributions paid by those who can work. Those who are temporarily out of work are similarly support - whilst they continue to search for work. I am aware of the different attitude to this problem in the States, and also see the results of that attitude in many of the blogs I read.

Joyce said...

Scary isn't it? I'm extremely concerned about our nation, our world. God help us.
Hugs, Joyce

Julie said...

Exactly. Scary times ahead.

Jimmy's Journal said...

Well said! Now we'll see how many hands are extended for a handout as opposed to how many hands reach forward to give.

There's no free lunch no matter how you divide the wealth. Strip the population down financially to zero and in ten years, the wealthy will regain their wealth and the others will be complaining that they have no money.

Jimmy

betty said...

I think Adrian Rogers was a very wise man and I totally agree Linda; but I don't know what it will take to convince people of it; I don't know why people are so caught up with this all (I tell you it makes me think about the anti-Christ and I'm not insinuating the anti-Christ is currently alive, but.......he will even be more slick and more believable than some of the things we are hearing these days); I'm "glad" to hear there are others out there that don't "get" this new movement; it feels me with fear for our country and makes me want to work harder to further the one kingdom that really makes a difference for eternity

betty

Marie Rayner said...

Truer words were never spoken. We have families here in England that have not worked for generations because our government has all to easily handed the money over to support them, and in the meantime there is the working poor, like myself, who work their fingers to the bone to pay for it.

Lisa said...

EXCELLENT LINDA... just excellent!

Kathy said...

Amen. If folks would just try to 'get it'.