Friday, June 12, 2009

FOOD FRIDAY



Strawberry-Rhubarb Pie

2 cups sliced strawberries, 2 cups sliced rhubarb, 1/4 cup Minute Tapioca, 1-1/4 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon grated orange peel (optional)

Mix ingredients together, let stand for 15 minutes and then pour into unbaked pie shell. Dot with 1 tablespoon butter and cover with top crust, seal and flute edge. Cut several slits in crust (I like to also sprinkle sugar on the top crust) and bake in pre-heated 400* oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until juices form bubbles that burst slowly. I usually cut strips of foil and cover the edges with the foil so they don't overbake.

I know I've posted this recipe before but it's strawberry season & also rhubarb season, so I decided to post it again.

4 comments:

Sugar said...

always love seeing your "food friday" recipes. like a lil bit of j-land. :)
have a good wkend.
huggies...

garnett109 said...

Does this come in diet?

Barbara said...

Oh YUM! I have been looking for a recipe for that and am thrilled to find one that I like. Thank you so much. Now all I need is to find someone who sells Rhubarb plants so I can get a start.
Thanks again for the recipe.

Jimmy's Journal said...

I've never tried it, but I'll try almost anything once.

Jimmy