Sunday, September 6, 2009

Raining !

The rain we didn't get during May, June, July and August is with us now. It's been raining off and on since Friday. This afternoon we had thunder storms and heavy, heavy rain. But we need it so I'm not complaining.

Thankfully Saturday afternoon, Mom Nature gave us about 3 hours of filtered sun and no rain. My grand daughter Meghanne went with my son Jim and his fiance' Jeralyn to our beautiful Point Defiance Park where she took their engagement pictures. They went all thru the park...even down on the beach. Then they joined the rest of the family at my brother and sister in law's place for a taco feed ~ sort of a family engagement party. We were thrilled that Jeralyn's mom was able to join us, in fact she drove from Olympia to my house and rode over with Bob and I. In all there were 10 adults and 4 kids...eating tacos, laughing and celebrating the upcoming wedding. Meghanne & I took more pictures during the evening...bringing Meghanne's total to 849 pictures of the happy couple. She will go thru them and narrow them down to 30 or so for them to choose from. Ahhhh these digital camera's are so wonderful.

I've finished posting entries from our May/June road trip. http://packyourbagsletsgo.blogspot.com/ I hope you'll stop by and see the beautiful sights we saw the last two days of that trip.

We took a 5 day road trip up in Washington's Olympic Peninsula in August and we're leaving Tuesday afternoon for Lake Roosevelt in eastern Washington. Lake Roosevelt is actually the Columbia River backed up behind Grand Coulee Dam. We're going with two of Bob's daughter's and their families...so it should be fun.

Still trying to catch up on Blogs and now I'm going to be gone again. And I'm not sure if I'll have computer access from over at the Lake or not.

I hope everyone is having a good weekend....until next time, Linda

8 comments:

Julie said...

We are having lovely weather right now, thank goodness. My last week off

garnett109 said...

enjoy your trip.
How long does it take to take 849 pictures?

Beth said...

Glad you're getting some much-needed rain! And it even held off a little white so you could have the party! Safe travels.

nancy said...

We're expecting rain today. We had a lot of rain in July than in Augusrt. Enjoy your day..Nancy

betty said...

glad the rain stopped so you could enjoy the get together with your family; that taco feed sounds like a great idea for a party idea to celebrate your son's/fiance's engagement :)

enjoy your next travels Linda

betty

Linda :) said...

Have a wonderful time!! If you send the rain over here, I will keep it safe while you are gone.... :)

Barb said...

I have to take a jaunt over to your travel journal. And you're off on yet another trip! How I envy that. LOL at all the 8oo+ photos taken so far. I know there will be good ones in that many! When again is Jim getting married. Sounds like the family engagement get together was fun.
Have fun & be safe on this next trip. Hugs, Barb

Lisa said...

She sure has alot of pictures to go through!! I hope you have a nice, safe trip. You are so lucky to be able to go so many places!