Friday, January 7, 2011

FOOD FRIDAY

24 Hour Breakfast Casserole

10 pieces of bread
2 cups grated cheddar

8 eggs (slightly beaten)

4 cups milk

1 tsp dry mustard

1 tsp salt
Dash cayenne pepper



Butter one side of the bread, trim the crust and cut in to 1 inch squares. Put the bread in a well greased 9 X 13 pan and cover with the cheese.Add the milk, salt, dry mustard and pepper to the eggs and beat. Pour over the bread and cheese, cover with foil and put in the refrigerator for 24 hours.


Preheat oven to 325, cooked covered with foil for 55 minutes. Then the last five minutes cook uncovered.

2 comments:

Marlene said...

Hi Linda,This is so good on Holidays. I only made it once,cuz I keep forgetting to do it until its too late. My usual reaction is "Oh shoot, I forgot to make that Breakfast Casserole again!"

Missie said...

That sounds sooo good! I copied the recipe. Thanks for sharing.

Happy belated New Year.