Sunday, April 22, 2012

Sunny & Warm April Sunday




It's a warm & sunny April Sunday in the beautiful Pacific Northwest.  Yesterday was the same and I got so much done in the way of yard work.  Yesterday I mowed the front yard, finished cleaning out my garden, planted some petunias and cleaned out the area where I store my garden tools, etc.


Today, I've emptied out and thrown away some old broken planters, hung up two of my already planted hanging baskets, washed a couple loads of sheets & blankets and hung them on the line and planted the bush green bean seeds.  Later after dinner I'll get the back yard mowed and then turn on the sprinkler. The tomatoes I planted the other day are looking a little droopy so it's time to get them watered.
Last year at this time we were vacationing in Arizona so I didn't get any planting done until we get home the middle of May.  It feels good to be ahead of the game this year.  


I'm looking forward to Tuesday movie day with my BFF's.....we're going to see 'The Lucky One.'  I've already read the book so I am anxious to see how the movie stacks up to the book.    








Wednesday I'm taking my grandson to lunch for his birthday....he was 21 on April 19th.  I started taking my grand-kids out for birthday lunch when they were about 4 years old.  I used to take Harrison to Seattle on Amtrak for lunch ~ I did that for  about 5 years until he decided trains weren't his favorite thing anymore.  His interest switched to planes when he was about 10. So we started making birthday trips to the Boeing Flight Museum in Seattle, the Olympia Flight Museum and the restaurant at the small airfield in Gig Harbor, WA.  I really love spending this time with just them alone......                                                




And Friday I'm looking forward to having lunch with two gals I've known since the 1980's.  After divorces we meet in the adult singles Sunday School class at Tacoma's Life Center Church...we've remained close friends since then. 


I hope everyone has had a wonderful weekend and that only good things happen in your life in the coming week. 

3 comments:

Maria said...

Sounds like you have it figured out for your days with grandkids and BFF's...smiles, Maria from Seattle.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

It is very cold here and no planting can be done. it is always mid May before the chance of frost disappears. We did have warmer days in March that quite fooled us into thinking we might, but April has been very frosty. Enjoy your week with family and friends. Happy Monday!

Jan said...

Gosh Linda ,I feel worn out reading this entry,my word you have been busy ,you must feel so pleased with your self,How quickly your lunch dates with your Grandchildren come around,..love Jan xx