Saturday, May 12, 2012

MOTHER'S DAY 2012

Julia Ward Howe was the first to proclaim Mother's Day in 1870.  In the United States it's celebrated the 2nd Sunday in the month of May.  Today Mother's Day is celebrated in almost every country in the world but not all celebrate the same day as the USA. 

I feel blessed to have had a wonderful mother.  She was such a sweet lady and I miss her so much.  She passed away on October 8, 1987.  The picture below was taken in August 1942, a month after my dad left for service in WWII. 
I want to take this opportunity to wish a Happy Mother's day to all the moms, step moms. foster moms and those dads who had to be both mom and dad to their kids.     


2 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Happy Mothers Day to you! Best wishes for a wonderful day!

Jimmy's Journal said...

Happy belated Mother's Day Linda!

Jimmy