Sunday, May 6, 2012

Seven Years ~Seems Like Only Yesterday......

......that I posted my first AOL JLand entry. Yup it was May 6, 2005.  My first entry was brief; This will be my first entry.  I have been inspired by my daughter and grandgirl.  They both have great journals but then they are home all day to create & write.  I am still working full time and in fact have to be to work in 12 short hours from now. So will make this short & sweet.  One thing I'm looking forward to this summer is my 45th class reunion.  I've only missed one reunion and that was the year I felt I was too "chunky" to go.  The next day, I was so sad that I missed the event.  I made a vow I'd never miss another one. This year...I'm still "chunky" and I have been on the treadmill but I'll go no matter what.  Until next time..   There were two comments to that first post and I never did really get to know those two people.  But my second post a few days later also got two comments.  They were from Sandra and Linda ~ and to this day I still have contact with both of them...they are both on Facebook and I've actually had the pleasure to meet Linda and her sweet family in person.  


In the last seven years we've all been thru so much together. We shared the joys of new grandchildren, shared the sorrows of loosing loved ones, we've prayed for each other when illness or tragedy has hit and shared the sorrow of loosing some of our own dear ones from AOL JLand/Bloggerville.  The three I knew well were; Bill of 'Just Plain Bill.' 


Bill was such a great guy....he was a friend to all who crossed his path.  I will always remember his love of golf and his family.        Then we lost our dear, sweet Lori.  Lori and her husband had made plans to come to Vancouver, B.C. where Bob and I were going to meet up with them. We had talked on the phone and she kept saying she would be better come Spring and she'd see me that summer. 
But alas cancer took Lori not only from her loving family but from those of us who loved her here in Bloggerville.   The last time I talked with her dear Chuck, he was still reeling from the loss of his precious wife. 
The last person that I want to mention is Frances Lawson.   Frances didn't have a Blog but she was a Blog reader and so faithful to leave comments.  
I was blessed to talk with Frances by phone many times and share notes and cards thru the mail with her.  She was a dear lady. Her passing on March 28, 2012 is still a fresh hurt in the hearts of many. 


We've all been witness to the courage of Krissy and J0hn as they have traveled thru some dark valleys.  We've all been thankful for the many kind gestures of Guido way up there on his island.   Those of us who have lost dear pets have been blessed by Sugar's kind words and the Pet Memorial page she set up for us to remember our precious Furr babies.   We've heard Barbara in Texas and Jimmy in Florida sing to us.   We've been privy to Robin's travels as she follows her Air Force husband around the country and now across the pond to England. We've been the recipients of colorful tags from Donna and Sugar .....now tell me where else could you find such special people? There are so many more of you who have touched my life the last seven years.  I actually love Facebook because I feel we've grown closer thru that medium. 


Besides Linda and her family down in Fresno, CA......I've also been blessed to meet Trees from Canada, Monica from here in Tacoma (we actually worked at the same place for awhile & had the same supervisor) and I've shared a few meals with Joann down in southern California.  My biggest dream has always been to travel around the USA and meet each and everyone of my  Blogger friends and after that head over to the U.K. to meet our Blogger friends over there.  


I want to thank all of you for your precious friendship and comments over the years.  I'm not going to promise that I'm going to be more faithful about posting entries and commenting because I've said it before and I always fall short.  I'll just say~I'll do my best. 


 ♫♪♫ Thank you for being my friend ♪♫♪

13 comments:

Marie Rayner said...

Congrats on your bloggaversary Linda! I've been following you for a very long time now. I miss the old camaraderie we all had on AOL Journals. Somehow blogger has never managed to fill that gap that was left when AOL Journals shut down. I have always thought that blogging buddies are the best of buddies. Another one we lost was Angie Marshall. I felt her loss very keenly and still miss her every day. xxoo

Jan said...

Congratulations Linda,as you said many friends many happy hours uniting through our journals,Serendipity will be 7 in September ,I can remember the count down to your retirement ,and have 'seen'your Grandchildren grow in those years ,so many things we all shared ....love Jan xx

ADB said...

Congrats on your 7th blogoversary, Linda, and here's to quite a few more. It is quite a journey we have all been on during these past number of years in J-land and beyond. I never imagined blogging to be such a social cohesive as it has turned out to be. Thank you for your kind words, to us all.

Guido

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

A lot of the people you mentioned have been my friends over the years too and I certainly do miss the ones that aren't with us any more. I realized that many are still on Facebook, but I haven't been successful posting there at all and continue to blog away. I always enjoy your posts and send congrats to you on your 7 years, Time does fly by but like you I'm thankful for everyone I've been blessed to meet .

Beth said...

Happy blogiversary, Linda! Where DOES the time go? If you find out, please let me know! :)

MariesImages said...

Happy Blog-Anniversary, Linda!!!
Thank you for being our friend! ;)

Barb said...

I love singing to you!!! Great entry!!! I am blessed to call you friend!!! Happy Anniversary!!! Glad you are here!! xxBarb

LYN said...

Lovely trip down JLand lane Linda...

Jimmy's Journal said...

Congratulations Linda - It's been a great seven years and I'm looking forward to many more. Great post!

Jimmy

Linda :) said...

Oh What a Wonderful Entry and not just cause I'm in it... :)
I'm sure I've said it before but I don't remember being one of your first commentors..... How Cool! I always think I met you more cause you hung around Robin all the time...
My anniversary will be 8yrs come Jan. 1st but I was actually a lurker just reading for six months starting 8yrs ago next month around my birthday...
Love you My Friend!! :)

Jeanie said...

Congratulations on your Blog Anniversary Linda! Time certainly flies!
I was just thinking yesterday of those who have 'gone on before us'. It was quite nostalgic recalling all those lovely friendships.
You asked me on my blog if my header photo was my backyard? It as until january this year when otters or mink killed all the Koi Carp in the pond. It has been redesigned by my husband as another patio.
Enjoy your eanniversary and thanks for clling by my Blog.
Jeanie

Anonymous said...

Happy 7 years of Blogging!!!

--- Christopher

AOL Journals User cmarlow330 back then.

http://thethoughtsofchristopherm.blogspot.com/

Sandisan said...

What a lovely entry...it's hard to think so many years have flown by. We all have interacted over the years, touched by strangers who become strangers no more. I, too, only blog a little bit now..I should do more but Facebook has made it easier to "stay" in touch. Thank you for being you...:)