Sunday, November 27, 2005

Meeting Author Debbie Macomber

It was a pleasure to meet local author Debbie Macomber this afternoon.  She lives locally (to me) but is a New York Times best selling author. She is a delightful lady, so much fun.  Her book "Shop on Blossom Street" has a huge following of knitters.  In fact there were several lady's knitting there today.  This afternoon she was promoting her Christmas book for this year.  I happened to be sitting in the front row at Borders and was the first one in line to get my book signed so that was fun.  I purchased the book when I first got to the store about an hour before she arrived. So..I got a head start reading the book.  It's a Christmas book for people who absolutely love fruit cake and for those who can't stand it.  Yup...fruit cake is invloved as is the local city of Puyallup (remember last Sept when I went to the Pew-all-up Fair?) I hope some of you will go out and get it. And if you do, let me know how you liked the book, also Debbie stated that she loves to hear from her readers.  All of her books are delightful. She told how she got started reading back in the 1980's when her kids were little.  Sitting at the kitchen table with a typewriter pounding out love stories. It took several years and a lot of perseverance to get her first book published.       One of the Borders staff members took a picture of Debbie and myself but my cord from my camera to my computer thingy isn't working today, so I've scanned the book and have posted that picture.  Also here's a link to Debbie's website.   Until next time....Linda

http://www.debbiemacomber.com/index.htm

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'll have to go get the new Christmas book....i love all her things I've read so far !!
How fun to get a book signed !

Anonymous said...

I'll have to check out her book. I love to read everything. I don't like fruitcake but keep tasting new ones, nevertheless, hoping to please my hubby, who loves them as much as I love Christmas. Thanks for visiting my journal.
Barb- http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK

Anonymous said...

Linda glad you got your book signed.....will drop into her site to have a look.....Ally

Anonymous said...

Ive put the link on my favourites to peruse at my leisure Ilove to knit, and read  ,as you know ,thanks for that ,..............Jan xx

Anonymous said...

The only book I have read of hers is "The Christmas Basket".  Amusing and fun!  JAE