Saturday, November 12, 2005

Well..I did it

Last night I mixed up the fruitcake and baked 8 mini loafs.  Today, I wrapped each one in plastic wrap and then put them back in the pans they were baked in (I did take the brown paper off the bottom of each loaf before I wrapped them).  They are now stored for thirty days.  I even wrote a note on the December page of my kitchen calendar, so I wouldn't forget them.  In the mini loaf pans it took exactly 1 hour at 300 degrees for them to get done.  Today, I went to the Post Office to mail eBay packages.  The line was so long (because of the holiday on Friday, I guess) I almost turned around and left.  But I didn't....and remarkably the Postal staff worked hard to get us taken care of as quickly as possible.  Then it was off to Safeway for a few groceries.....another quart of Light egg nog (so good in cocoa) and some hubbard squash to bake and  3 new potatoes to make a little batch of potato salad for Sunday.  For some reason potato salad sounds good.  I think I'll grill a chicken breast on my George Foreman grill to go with it and cook some broccoli.  A great Sunday dinner, I'd say. It was cold here today, never got much higher than 45 degrees.  Tonight it's raining and I'm sure the snow is really coming down in the mountains.  The skiiers are in 7th heaven, I'm sure.   I hope everyone has had a good Saturday...I think I'll take my book and my kitty and get horizontal.  Until next time.......Linda

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You certainly had a busy day baking - sounds good hope they turn out well....Glad the Post Office hurried things along - nothing worse than having to queue for too long. hope the snow don't come to soon.....Winter certainly has arrived.....Getting horizontal with kitty and a book sounds good to me ..enjoy...Ally

Anonymous said...

Your discriptions of all that food made me feel hungry ,The book and Kitty sound great .................enjoy your rest you work hard ...........Jan xx

Anonymous said...

It sounds cold where you are, seems like a good idea to have a lay down after all that baking!! Jeannette.  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/

Anonymous said...

what a productive Saturday you had - the bank was busy yesterday (drive-through) because of the holiday on Friday - very frustrating waiting (patience is not one of my strong qualities - need to work on that one).

Good for you making the fruitcakes - will be interested to hear how they came out.

I love your line - "I think I'll take my book and my kitty and get horizontal". Neat; hope you did just that!

betty