Thursday, December 1, 2005

Krissy's Monday Morning Question (on Thursday)

Monday Morning Question (Comin' at ya on Thursday Morning)

Monday Morning Question: FROM:

http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink/entries/1045

Fruitcake.  Doorstop or delicious?

Well Krissy, this is an easy one for me.  I do like fruit cake, that is some fruit cake.  I find that the fruit cake soaked in rum or brandy is too bitter and that I don't care for.  Awhile back I posted my mom's fruit cake recipe and she did not use booze in her's, she used brandy flavoring.  As I write this, there are eight mini loaves of mom's fruit cake are "aging" and will be ready by Christmas.   The new book by Debbie Macomber, "There's Something About Christmas" is a story about fruitcake.  Borders Book store even served us coffee and fruit cake at the book signing.    So I guess my verdict is as follows;                                                                      1..If it's soaked in booze=doorstop                              2..If it's not=delicious

Happy Fruit Cake to all and to all a goodnight!   Linda

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I soak my fruit in tea before cooking, the fruit comes out really plump and juicy. Jeannette.

Anonymous said...

Ilooked up the Debbie Macomber web site and am now on the look out for her books ,Please Santa ??             Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Oh, I didn't even know they soaked fruitcake in booze, lol.

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink