Friday, December 23, 2005

Soggy Friday Morning

It's supposed to rain all day, but the weather guy says it could get up to 54 degrees by this afternoon.  Did we skip right from the middle of December to April?  I'm off work today but not free of work.  I must catch up with a girl friend to exchange gifts (I think we are going to sneak lunch in while we are at it) and I have to go grocery shopping.  YIKES !!  That could be interesting.  Oh well, it must be done so I'll just relax (I could take my book and read while I wait in the check out line) and enjoy my day.  Thank you to those you have sent the beautiful Christmas cards.  They are all so pretty. It's been especially fun to get the cards from my dear AOL Journal friends this year. Have a good day, until later .....Linda   

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I think we did just skip winter, for the time being...!  I agree with the Christmas card fun!  I loved it every time I got another in the mail!  Thank you, and you're welcome!  JAE

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda,  it`s very mild here in England today.  While walking around town I was feeling quite hot and wished I worn a lighter jacket.  I prefer it a bit colder at Christmas, it`s feels more festive.  :o)

hugs

Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

I would love to have snow on Christmas day.....That would just make it perfect....but I think it is too warm at the moment....(Make sure you sneak a lunch in) you will need all of your energy in the shops - seems a lot of people have left their grocery shopping till the last moment...good idea to take a book to read in the check out queue..lol...enjoy your day....Ally

Anonymous said...

It's quite warm here too. Not at all like Christmas. I did my shopping today, supermarket was empty again, no queuing at the checkout, just walked up to it and was served straight away!! I can't understand why it's been like this for the past month. Have a wonderful Christmas. Jeannette.

Anonymous said...

Christmas cards can convey the spirit and beauty of the season, can't they?  I hope you have a Christmas just like you desire.  Pennie